Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Immortal Rider by Larrissa Ione

Ok I don't know who is in charge of my life, because it is sooo not me, but they need to PUMP THE BRAKES! I just need to slow down a bit but every time I turn around there is something else going on. How do I get off this merry-go-round before I start to hurl??? LOL Ok I guess I shouldn't really complain because I am off for the next several days because one of my besties is in town. WOO HOO Sid is here for his annual visit...granted it's a bit later than normal but anytime Sid is in town you know it's going to be a good time. I see some wine and some shrimp and some Mexican food in my future with a little Shakespeare thrown in to give us a bit of class.

So this week I am going to bend your ear and swear undying devotion to Ms. Ione and the Demonica/Horseman world that she has created. I love a book with action and sexy alpha men and kick ass women who aren't afraid to show their softer side as well, you throw in some humor, and this is why I worship at the alter of IONE.


Immortal Rider, Larrissa Ione
The signs are everywhere...disastrous world events. Evil rising up, unleashed upon the innocent. The prophecies were there...but no one listened. Until now. The time has come for those who can either usher in Doomsday...or prevent it. They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Arik Wagner, a soldier with the U.S. Army's paranormal unit, the R-XR, kissed a girl and liked it. And then he went to hell as punishment. Where he's spent weeks being tortured...and plotting revenge.
Limos,Horsewoman of the Apocalypse, isn't your average girl. She's immortal, dangerous, and her fiancé is Satan himself. In a moment of weakness, she gave in to her desire and kissed Arik, triggering her fiancé's wrath - and his claim on her. In order to save Arik, and the world, Limos must make a dangerous pact with her recently turned evil brother, Pestilence. A deal that might just cost her her soul...and her heart.


This book will grab you from the start and not let go. I felt bad for everyone of the characters in this book at one time or another, even the bad guys. There was love, lust, hate, pain, humor and even some hellhound slobber.

This book pairs up Limos, the Horseman also known as Famine,(who also has the coolest tattoo) and Arik,the R-XR/Aegis hottie. I love that the author is so good at matching strong men and strong women and doesn't fall into the trap of sissying up her female characters when they become the lead. In this case, Limos’ battle skills and ability to kick ass are perfectly matched with her ultra girly side. And while Arik may be physically weaker than Limos he is still the alpha hero she needs him to be.

Now you really need to be paying attention in this book because there are so many story lines going on that if you aren't careful you are going to miss something. I love it when an author makes me think and creates a series that has me tyring to guess which direction they are going to go next. Of course I would like it better if I could have immediately went to Than's story but I guess I will just have to wait like everyone else.

If you have not read the Demonica series I suggest you start there because there are a lot of crossover character's and subplots that having those backstories will be helpful...and really you all know how I feel about things being read in order and you don't want me to hunt you down and pummel you. Besides they are awesome! Than's book, Lethal Rider, comes out in June so you have plenty of time to check into Underworld General and get caught up.

RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. Tyra, this sounds like a great book. I have always trusted you to tell me what to read and you have never let me down. This is a great site to help figure out if a book is worth reading. Keep up the good work. Also give Sid a big hug and kiss from me.
    love ya, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »