Friday, March 15, 2013

For you J Friday

Ahhh Friday. My second favorite F word. I've missed you so. It's only 5 more days till spring. That makes me so happy but unfortunately they are calling for a wintery mix next week. Really??? Oh well, I will be packing away the sweater dresses this weekend in honor of this joyous event. Another joyous event was this book......

Percy Jackson & The Olympians, The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.


Today's blog is for my daughter J. I have had the Percy Jackson series on my to be read list for at least a year and she has been begging me to read them. I was reminded that movie 2 comes out here soon and I need to be prepared. So without further adieu, Here it goes.... I must say I see why she loves this series so much. She's a mythology nerd just like me and this is awesome! All the gods and goddesses are front and center in this book. It was action packed and kept me reading. I think it's a great read for kids that don't like to read and is equally interesting for boys and girls. I'm looking forward to reading the next one and preparing for the movie. Time with your kids is never a waste:)

I want a pen like Percy's!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »