Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hump Day Hello!

Howdy - I'm Jenn and I'm a book-a-holic. I'm a nurse, mom of two kids/two dogs, hate housework, love to cook and think everything is better with a glass of wine. My motto in life: If it cant be fixed with duct tape or chocolate, it probably cant be fixed...

I've been reading since I was two - tackled all the Nancy Drew's by 3rd grade and had to have a major showdown with the small town librarian at 12 because she wanted to censor my reading and ban me from Harlequins....I prevailed and have been a hopeless romantic ever since.

I believe that books are the secret to happiness - anything that makes you feel, makes you think, turns you on is a good thing. My pet peeves are people who refuse to consider challenges. Life is more fun when you try something new - new food, new places, new people, new books, new ideas. As as nurse I know life can be hard, messy and painful. All we can do is handle it with grace and enjoy every moment you can.

I enjoy reading across the spectrum - find I read different genres for different reasons. While driving, I love audio books and find I like mysteries, thrillers and comedies (Carl Hiaasen, Janet Evanovich, Christopher Moore). I do read some general fiction and health related non-fiction but for the most part I enjoy romance, paranormal, urban fantasy and erotica. I love funny, romantic comedies like Lynsay Sands, Katie MacAlister, Shelley Laurenston/GA Aiken and of course, Kresley Cole. I also love the darker, sexier paranormals like Jeanienne Frost, Sherilyn Kenyon and Gena Showalter and even the epic greatness of Diana Gabaldon. Lately, since my 13 year old has expressed an interest in the paranormal genre, I have consumed a host of YA authors like Rachel Caine, Richelle Mead and PC Cast. If it has a vamp, a shifter, the fae or someone who kicks any of the aforementioned butts, I'm in!

I am excited to blog about books with my best gals and I hope to find inspiration from them and you out there to pursue writing dreams and goals of my own. First up review: Maya Banks, The Darkest Hour, from her new KGI series. And always remember, if you can't be inspired by the stories - at least remember to check out the covers! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »