Friday, October 15, 2010

Fun Friday!

Finally it’s Friday! I thought it would never get here! Got a super weekend planned with friends and family or in my case my friends are my “family”. If you got some time pick up my friend Jules’s book Love in Bloom. Jules’s and her sister Angel are two of my favorite people and have awesome taste in shoes and purses (by the way I have located one of those pink flower purses. It will be mine!) Tyra and I both read this book this week so she’s done laid the ground work for me. Thanks Tyra!
This story was so not what I expected it to be. A car accident, death of a young boy, the leading lady’s loss of sight and a custody battle. Whoa! Get me some tissues! In a nut shell Claire’s car hit a van that ran a stop sign and kills a young boy. Her trauma causes her blindness and it will go away but she has to deal with the accident. Her best friend Amy insists on landscaping her yard to coax her outside. In the process of the project the landscaper Jackson and Claire fall in love. Jackson faces a custody suite with his ex wife over their daughter Emma who she deserted shortly after having her. In the end Claire regains her sight, Jackson retains custody of Emma and Claire and Jackson live happily ever after. It’s a beautiful story that reminds us all to enjoy life.
I know Jenn has already reminded you that it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month but you can never hear it too many times. I’m a long time supporter of the cause because my mom and my grandma are survivors. So ladies let’s save second base and protect the girls!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Reading all the reviews of my various stories takes me back to when I first started writing! Home Again was the very first book I wrote and I have so grown as an author. I hope I always continue to grow because this is something I just love doing;)

    Thanks so much ladies for letting me hang out this week, even though I've been scarce. Chaos has overtaken, but I've been telling all my author buds about this cool new blog site!

    Keep it up, my lovely gal pals and I'll see ya at our next Get Together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »