Friday, January 14, 2011

Flustered Friday

Wow what a week! It was one bad thing after another. I even had truffles and that didn't even help so that tells you what a week it's been. But no worries cause it's the weekend and a three day one at that. Holla! This week was military week and believe it or not I for the life of me couldn't think of a military book that I have read to blog about this week. Told ya, it was one of those weeks! So, I was offered this story by a fellow blogger and said,"Hey, I'll give it a try".


All Man by G.A. Hauser


Physical therapist Chase Arlington comes to Wright Patterson Air Force Base thinking his skills could be better used to serve the men who fought for his counrty. Career Staff Sergeant Gary wilsonlives day to day, deeply in the closet passing the time until his tranfer to Al Taji Air base. When Gary meets Chase, the attraction is instantaneous, and grows fast

When Gary reports for duty in Iraq, he leaves behind a distraught Chase and the looming worry of a dreaded phone call. Chase does his best not to imagine anythingn happening to the man he loves, holding out hope for the day Gary comes home.


Sometimes it takes every ounce of strength you possess to convince the one you love that no matter what, you are still the man you were, all man, and nothing less.



I really didn't care for this story but I think it's because it was really short and things progressed at an unrealistic pace. I feel this way about almost every short story I read. I like the time frame to be believable and I'll be honest, I'm not one who believes in love at first site. Unless you're Vin D or Dwayne Johnson!


All things said and done it was ok and I had a crappy week. I don't know if I would have liked anything this week. I give this story 2 chocolate dipped strawberries and a beer. Raise your bottle and send a shout out to all the men and women who keep us safe and sacrifice their lives for us! Thanks for all you do!

1 comment:

  1. I almost picked this book up but then changed my mind. I think that maybe I am glad that I did. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »