Friday, February 4, 2011

GUEST BLOGGER: Cheyenne McCray

Clay: Armed and DangerousThe Armed & Dangerous Wild Westby Cheyenne McCray

Wrangler jeans and Stetsons, handguns and shiny badges . . .

I’ve always had a thing for cowboys and I’ve always had a thing for lawmen. So what could be hotter than cowboy lawmen . . . especially when it comes to the Arizona desert and when it comes to erotic romance?

I was born and raised in Southeastern Arizona, about twenty miles from the Mexican border, where the Armed & Dangerous series is set. Kade is even set on the ranch I grew up on.

The four-book Armed & Dangerous series has its foundations in the “Wild” series that I wrote for Ellora’s Cave several years ago. The print rights for that series were sold to St. Martin’s Press. To make a long story short, two of the four books were rewritten, one book was revised, and one book is very close to the original. All of the names were changed though by request of my St. Martin’s editor. To protect the innocent, I think. ; )

The first romance I wrote—ever—was Wild Borders, now known as Kade. It holds a special place in my heart for a lot of reasons including the fact that it was the beginning of my career as a romance writer, even though it was not the first romance I had published.

For me there’s just something about a man in boots and a man with a gun . . .

So, what do you love about cowboys?
What do you love about men in law enforcement?

I’ll give away an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) of Clay: Armed & Dangerous to one winner drawn from everyone who comments!
Good luck!

McCray's NEXT Armed & Dangerous RELEASE...
Clay: Armed & DangerousRancher Rylie Thorn loves everything about men, but she’s positively phobic about commitment. After growing up in a broken family and witnessing too many failed marriages, Rylie knows “forever” is just not in the cards for her.
Sheriff Clay Wayland has been called in to investigate a rash of crimes in the southeastern corner of Cochise County. But one night when he goes into the field to do some observation, he comes across a sensual woman who’s doing some investigating of her own. Rylie immediately sets his blood on fire and he knows he has to have her. And it isn’t long before Clay begins the job of taming this wildcat and making her his . . . for keeps.

Coming April 12th, 2011 |  ISBN: 978-0312386702

Readers can visit with me and my friends at Cheyenne McCray’s Place on Facebook. Also visit my shiny new website! www.CheyenneMcCray.com and follow me on Twitter @CheyenneMcCray.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for guest blogging, Chey. We love to feature authors that we love to read ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! I loved being able to relate to the places in the books. My grandparents lived in that area when I was growing up and we visited often. Now my parents live there. I can not wait for your new book Clay to come out.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading "Wild Borders", it was one of the 1st books I had ever read of yours-and now i am hooked!! As for cowboys, I guess living in the NE and never having met a real cowboy has me living vicariously through your books, so until I get a chance to go west, please keep the cowboys coming my way! As for law enforcement, oh the stories I have heard from my brother in law & his cop buddies- I could write a book! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheyenne! Love your writing. I remember when St. Martins bought the print rights for the books. I'm so glad you landed on your feet, but it must have been tough for you at the time. Congrats on all your hard-won success.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »