Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tie Me Down Tuesday


Ok I have to start this blog with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my daughter who turns 14 today. She is in Florida right now doing the World Strides trip with her school and this is the first time that she has ever been out of state without one of her parents. She is excited and I am a HOT MESS. LOL I know she will have a great time and will remember this week for the rest of her life. Now lets get to this weeks book, we are continuing with the Master's of the Shadowlands week by Cherise Sinclair. Rebecca called me after finishing the first book in the series and told me I had to stop whatever I was reading and buy these books immediately and can I just say THANKS!! WOW what a series! Now I realize that these kinds of stories may not be for everyone, but really once you get past the kink it comes down to a really great love story. I get to tell you about Master Dan and Kari and their story is the second in the series and is called Dark Citadel.

Dark Citadel, Cherise Sinclair, Loose-Id, April 2009
After Kari breaks up with her date during Beginner's Night at Club Shadowlands, she's given the option to continue with an experienced dominant. Despite her steamy fantasies about BDSM, the inexperienced schoolteacher plans to simply observe. Yet under the unyielding hands of Master Dan, she not only participates, but gives him everything he asks for. There is nothing she can hide from him. Not her passion…or her love.
Still mourning the death of his wife, Master Dan avoids getting involved with women and he never takes a sub twice. But this modest little beginner is such a sweetie, one night is far from enough. As he plumbs her responses, taking her ever deeper into the world of BDSM, the gentle submissive begins to show him how barren his life has become and what a dark citadel he's made of his heart.
During their three nights together, the teacher will learn to submit...can she teach the master to love?


Kari is a school teacher that has been told she is a cold fish when it comes to sex. Her current boyfriend wants to tie her up during sex and while it sounds intriguing she doesn't trust him enough to try it. So they go to Club Shadowlands for their newbie D/s classes. When Buck becomes aggressive and possessive she decides to leave, but Master Z stops her on her way out and talks her into staying under the tutelage of Master Dan. After an intense session with Master Dan, Kari is hurt when he leaves her abruptly but learns that Master Dan never takes the same sub twice.

Master Dan is having a hard time forgetting the new subbie. After leaving her the first night he is determined not to play with her again but when he walks in that second night and hears Master Cullen calling her "his sub" there is no way he is going to allow that to happen. He tries to fight his attraction to Kari and ends up confusing her and hurting her. He just can't seem to get over the guilt that he feels for his late wife's death, even though her accident was not his fault.

The two agree to just keep the relationship about sex and Master Dan teaching Kari how to be a good sub. After several sessions in which Master Dan pushes her beyond her expectations and perceived limits they grow closer but Master Dan still refuses to acknowledge his feelings. One night in the capture garden the conflicting signals come to a head and neither will come out unscathed.

The emotional roller coaster that Master Dan sends Kari on is quite the ride. I seriously wanted to punch him every time he pulled away from her. I hurt for her. It's amazing to me how some authors in just a few pages can suck you so far into a story you come out the other end feeling like you just ran a marathon. For me, Ms. Sinclair is one of those authors. She takes you into a world that not a lot of us really know that much about and the way that she describes and walks you through it makes you feel like you are there. She explains the world in a way that at the end you understand that being a submissive doesn't mean you are weak or a doormat. She underlines the importance of honesty and trust that has to be there for a relationship like this to work. She has become one of my auto-buy authors...club this is Cherise, Cherise this is the club, welcome! I give Dark Citadel 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a warm subbie blankie to help you come down from the experience.

11 comments:

  1. Great review, you are totally on mark,Thank you so much for suggesting this series to me. I loved this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it as well. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A warm subbie blanket? Excellent! Teeberger, 2 points for having mastered aftercare. And hugs for the wonderful review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I have really enjoyed your books and have suggested them to several friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this story! Now that I've found out how to use iBooks on my iPad, instead of simply using my Good Reader, I've got all the MOTS stories on my iPad...with the exception of Kari and Master Dan's story. For some reason I can't find it and think it must have been deleted! ~sob~

    Cherise has become an auto-buy author for me as well. Her stories keep getting better and better. Make Me, Sir is perhaps her best story yet. I came completely undone with Master Z and didn't think anything could top him. Then came Dan and Nolan and Cullen...and finally Marcus with his incredible patience and fierce passion. Yum. Better than chocolate, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review, Tyra! Love the subbie blanket ending!! Damn, I wish I'd thought of it. ;(-

    While this wasn't my favorite book in the series, it has a particular scene that I can't forget... their final club scene, during aftercare, when he tells her he's going to "keep her" and she so sweetly asks if she gets to keep him too. That conversation Dan & Kari have drips with love - I could literally feel the love they held for eachother. Absolutely beautiful scene. (I bet you cried during it, Tyra, because my nose felt a bit itchy when I was reading it!;)xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first one, and now I'm more than willing to give a shot on the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca you know me so well I did tear up at that scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Denise! And I'm totally envious of your iPad.

    Brave girl, Lilian! :-)

    Oh dear, Teeberger. If Rebecca's right, then you probably really puddled for Master of the Abyss. Hmm, why do I find that satisfying, to know my book made readers cry. *checking mirror and poofing hair up to cover little horns*

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can you not love a writer who manages to make an alternative lifestyle both acceptable and attractive simultaneously? I love that she manages to make each Dom more enticing than the last as well! And Rebecca, I totally agree with the subbie blanket comment - darn you Tyra (although, frankly I see you snuggled in that blankie with a good book hiding from your kids - ala Cloak of Invisibility!)

    Many thanks to Ms. Sinclair for giving us sassy subs and drool worthy Doms who keep us coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the first 2 books in an hour... Just BLEW through them on a lazy sunday afternoon. Completely enthralling and i cant wait to read the rest plus the Master of the Mountain books.....yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »