Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh What A Tangled Web She Weaved!


Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday!! Is everyone ready for Easter? I did some basket shopping at lunch today. Did you all know that they now have chocolate dipped Peeps?? Like marshmallow and sugar wasn't enough to jack the kids up lets throw some chocolate on there to! I confess that I eat 1 peep a year and I have to have that one but I really can't eat anymore than that, so I tried the chocolate dipped ones and it was just ok for me. I didn't think that the addition of the chocolate made that much of a difference. I thought that my kids would be too old to color eggs this year (14&11) but no they asked me last night when we were going to color them, so I guess we will be doing it for at least one more year. Well the Easter Bunny left me an early treat and I am going to share it with you today. As some of you may recall we had Jennifer Estep here a few months ago as a guest blogger when we spotlighted her Elemental Assassin series, well FAB FAB person that she is, she shared an ARC of the next book that comes out in that series with us. It comes out next Tuesday and I think it's the best in the series....so far!!!!

Tangled Threads, Jennifer Estep, April 2011
I’d rather face a dozen lethal assassins any night than deal with something as tricky, convoluted, and fragile as my feelings.
But here I am. Gin Blanco, the semi-retired assassin known as the Spider. Hovering outside sexy businessman Owen Grayson’s front door like a nervous teenage girl. One thing I like about Owen: he doesn’t shy away from my past—or my present. And right now I have a bull’s-eye on my forehead. Cold-blooded Fire elemental Mab Monroe has hired one of the smartest assassins in the business to trap me. Elektra LaFleur is skilled and efficient, with deadly electrical elemental magic as potent as my own Ice and Stone powers. Which means there’s a fifty-fifty chance one of us won’t survive this battle. I intend to kill LaFleur—or die trying—because Mab wants the assassin to take out my baby sister, Detective Bria Coolidge, too. The only problem is, Bria has no idea I’m her long-lost sibling . . . or that I’m the murderer she’s been chasing through Ashland for weeks. And what Bria doesn’t know just might get us both dead. . . .


Gin has taken the fight to Mab, she is killing her men and leaving her rune behind so that the fire elemental knows exactly who is making her life hell. So what does Mab do.....she hires an assassin to take out the assassin. Enter Elktra LaFleur, and assassin that kills with electricty and leaves behind an orchid as her calling card. There is something familiar about this assassin but Gin can't quite put her finger on it.

Gin isn't one to shy away from a fight but LaFleur is strong and Gin isn't sure she can take the assassin out and keep the people in her life safe. But when a little girl is kidnapped and threats are made against her friends and family, Gin is going to do everything in her power to stop LeFleuer.

She is going to need all the help she can get from her friends. She'll need Finn to watch her back, Jo-Jo to heal her wounds, Sophia to fill all the holiday orders at the resturant, Bria to stay out of the way and Owen to love her for who she is. With back-up like that, how can she lose?

This series just keeps getting better. I love the fast paced action and the ever developing story line. I like the fact that there is a great mix of action and personal realtionships. A little more of the mystery of what happened the night that Gin's mother and sister were killed is revealed and while it answers some questions it brings up even more. The developing relationship between Owen and Gin is funny and hot. You gotta love a guy that knows how to give the perfect gift! Gin's powers are still changing and growing and I am excited to see where that takes us in the next story. The cast of secondary character's keeps growing and Gin is finally starting to realize that as dysfunctional as they may be they are a family. I can't wait to see where the Spider takes us next. I give Tangled Threads 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a cup of chickory coffee because I can't resist Finnegan Lane either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »