Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spider's Revenge

It's anniversary time!!! The Guilty Indulgence blog came into being a year ago this week, and my how times and books do fly. As happens from time to time life gets in the way so we will be celebrating our BIG anniversary next week with a FABULOUS gift bag full of ALL kinds of swag. So be sure and tell you friends to stop in a make a comment next week cause we are getting our swag on!!!

One author who has been very generous to us here at GI is Jennifer Estep and her next release in the Elemental Assassins series comes out next Tuesday. Well I am here to tell you that revenge....is a dish best served ICE COLD!



Spider's Revenge,Jennifer Estep, Pocket, September 2011
Old habits die hard. And I plan on murdering someone before the night is through.
Killing used to be my regular gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spider, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly matters: Mab Monroe, the dangerous Fire elemental who murdered my family when I was thirteen.
Oh, I don’t think the mission will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more problematic than expected. The bitch knows I’m coming for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keeping Bria safe is my first priority. Taking Mab out is a close second.
Good thing I’ve got my powerful Stone and Ice magic — and my irresistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This battle has been years in the making, and there’s a chance I won’t survive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s coming with me...no matter what I have to do to make that happen.


Gin can't believe her luck. She has Mab in her crosshairs, all she has to do is pull the trigger. She is going to take the fire elemental out in her own home during one of her dinner parties. But these guests aren't the usual crowd of well dressed sycophants, this crowd has an unrefined dangerous air to them. But when Gin finally takes the shot she misses!!!

This is how the latest in the Elemental Assassins series begins and it never stops. By the time I finished this book I felt like I had run a marathon and not only needed a nap but a rather large glass of the alcohol that the lead character is named for. Phrases like action-packed and hanging on the edge of your seat might sound like cliches but they are also very true. There are so many times when the build up to a show-down is much more exciting and interesting then the actual event but this would not be one of them.

Emotions are running high in this installment not just between Gin and Mab but everyone else too. There are some very touching moments between Gin and her sister Bria, and seriously Owen has to be the GREATEST guy ever. We even get some back story on the Deveraux sisters. The attraction between Finn and Bria gets hotter as well.

This would have been a great ending to the series but I am thrilled to learn that there will be more books to come. This is one kick-ass chick that isn't afraid to take on the bad guys, or girls, to protect the people she loves, and I want to be just like her when I grow up. I give Spider's Revenge 5 chocolate dipped strawberries.

1 comment:

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »