Friday, April 27, 2012

Nick

This time last Friday we were on our way to Richmond for some self inflicted pain. LOL My left side is all inked up and let me tell you it hurt like a bitch! It was bearable for the most part but the last 30 minute or so were hell. I had to go to my happy place in my head (not a word Tyra!) and Tyra was holding my hand and rubbing my neck and Jenn was rubbing my feet. What would I do without them:) The end result is amazing. I love it. David at Absolute Art did and awesome job. After the ink we had some dinner and did some reading. Saturday found us at Short Pump mall and MACY'S.   This is what I was reading while away.......

Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That’s the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn’t the average teenager. He’s a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him. He’s learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive such a difficulty? But that isn’t the primary skill he has to master. Survival is. And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known. Or he’ll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he’ll lose everyone he cares about. Even himself.





As you know Sherrilyn Kenyon can do no wrong in eyes. She invokes the fan girl in me. New books make me squeal and giggle and this book did not disappoint! In this installment Nick is learning more about his powers and that he has his free will and choices to make. Evil can overcome good. Nick spent a large part of this book being beat up and put in the hospital, which is bound to happen when just about everybody wants you dead.  Nick's dad Adarian makes an appearance as well as every one's favorite heifer goddess, Artemis. Nick makes a deal with Artemis that I know is gonna come back to bite him not once but several times I have a feeling. The thing I love most about the Chronicles of Nick series is that there are so many of the Dark Hunters from other books making appearances. I just love it! If you've not read the Dark Hunter series what the hell are you waiting for? If you have add the Chronicles of Nick to your to be read list. There is so much more to be learned!

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and the standard bottle of BBQ sauce in honor of Simi.
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »