Monday, January 28, 2013

Embracing Her Submission


BLURB
Haunted for years by dreams of a savage, amber eyed Dominant with lips so enticing my soul ached in frustration and lust. None of the Dominants at Genesis, my local BDSM club ever stirred me in such blistering ways. While I tried to fill my submissive desires vicariously through interactions at the club, I attempted to convince myself it was enough. But it wasn’t. My dream Dom made certain I hungered for more.

Forced beyond what I could bear, my passion and frustration exploded. I threw in the towel, determined to stop chasing a dream and gave up completely on finding submissive surrender. But fate intervened when two gunshots split the night. Forced to confront my desires and insecurities, I was shocked to realize that my dreams may have held a deeper meaning. Were they compelling me to finally embrace my submission?

REVIEW


Embracing my Submission is a well-written book. I enjoyed the author's style in terms of the gradual building of Micah and Julianna's relationship. They brought a lot to the table and needed to find a peace so they could move on together. Micah is a masterful Dom with a broken heart. He’s exactly what Julianna needs. I went from feeling sorry for Julianna to becoming annoyed by her. I'd imagined after four years being trained as a submissive, she would've been more comfortable in the role. I'd certainly expect after so long, she'd confide in her friend (and trainer) more than she does.

The secondary characters definitely created a strong foundation for the book, and I imagine they set the stage for future books. Micah’s father, also a Dom, oozes sex appeal. We were given just enough glimpses of the other club members to be intrigued. I could've done without the paranormal aspect simply because it didn't feel as if the author committed one hundred percent to that story line. It was strange and out of place in a story that already had a lot -and I mean, a lot- going on.

Much of the BDSM felt authentic. There were terrifying moments during the scene leading up to Julianna and Micah’s first encounter. It was somewhat difficult to read -I cringed- but kudos to the author for tackling the issue of predators in the BDSM world. Embracing her Submission is one of those solid BDSM books that bring out the psychological side of submission. It's a good read.


RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries 
This book was given to us by the author. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »