Monday, December 20, 2010

HAPPY HUNKY DAYS: Day 8....and CRAZED HEARTS






ON THE EIGHTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS....MY BOOK CLUB GAVE TO ME....SOME MORE YUMMY EYE CANDY!!!! (now give me that present!)






It was my task to read Crazed Hearts by Shiloh Walker for this week. I was a bit resistive because I am 1.5 books away from completing a series of books where I have a significant love-hate relationship with the main character. So with a scowl, I began my task on Sunday morning. I even warned the group that I couldn't possibly be expected to finish by my designated date, and could I please switch out to blog on a later date perhaps? (Some might think I'm a bit of princess right now.) But I started reading so that at least I could sleep without a guilty conscience.


Shiloh has the ability to drop the reader right in the middle of action and you don't ever feel lost or wanting for more information to truly understand the moment. Since I didn't read the back cover... I never saw some of the twists and turns that this particular storyline took me through. What a refreshing and action-packed story.

I liked the main character, Aileas, and found her to be full of backbone and common sense. I couldn't help but like the hunky male lead character, Ren, although he was a bit morose for even me. The over-seer of all Grimms, Will, seems to have a story that I would love to read one day. There are implied adventures and memories that leave his character heavy-hearted and yet full of grace. It does make one curious.

Overall, Shiloh has a style that I can really appreciate with just the right amount of information and background to capture the imagination and the spirit of the reader so that you are left thinking….when does the next book come out? I'll be hunting that down next for sure; but first I need to read 1.5 books before Christmas!

I give Shiloh Walker's Crazed Hearts 5 choc strawberries for sure !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »