Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HAPPY HUNKY-DAYS: DAY 9....No Prince Charming



ON THE NINTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS....MY BOOK CLUB GAVE TO ME....NINE BELLS A'RINGING !!! (I am sure he was checking his naughty list!!!)



Howdy all, only 4 more days until Christmas and I am done with the shopping but still have a few things to wrap and I am waiting on that last box to arrive. We are supposed to have a white Christmas here in the Valley and I am looking forward to it. I don't have to leave the house so let the snow come down. I plan on sitting by the fire and doing a little reading....I know you all are shocked by that revelation, but I have several things on my TBR pile that I need to get caught up on. With that being said, let me tell you about a book that is no longer on my TBR pile:

No Prince Charming, Shiloh Walker, Samhian Publishing January 2010
Her Happy-Ever-After has been a long time coming…
Elle spent years trying to get over her so-called Prince Charming, and she’s finally getting the hang of it. A Grimm—a guardian angel with unique gifts—she spends her nights trolling for demons and kicking ass, and lately, her days have been spent with her on-and-off-again lover, Ren, a fellow Grimm. But fate has other plans in store for Elle, plans that include Michael, the prince from her youth who broke her heart.
“What do you choose…live for her? Or would you rather die?” That was the choice Michael was given all those years ago. Although he knew she’d never forgive him, when Michael was given the chance to become a Grimm, he took it. Still, he isn’t so sure Elle needs him in her life. With a lover at her side and a mission before her, Elle looks like she’s doing just fine without him.


Elle is hunting down a Succubus that is feeding off of souls in a nightclub. She has her friend and sometimes lover Ren there to help her out, what she didn't need was the blast from her way way past, Michael, showing up to help. But show up he does and as soon as she sees him again all of the old feelings resurface.

Michael is there to help Elle kill the Succubus and if he can get her to fall in love with him again even better. He will do anything to be with Elle again....and that might just include dying for her.

I have to say that Sister Walker's version of Cinderella, blows away the Brother's Grimm. I liked the first book in this series, Candy Houses, but I LOVED this book. I enjoyed the twist and turns on the old fairy tale and can't wait to get to the next book in the series. Shiloh writes strong female character's and male character's that aren't afraid to show that they care. The story line moves quickly and has your heart pounding, both from the sexual chemistry and the dramtic ending.

I give, No Prince Charming, 5 chocolate dipped strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »