Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years Eve!!!




Hello all it's Friday night, New Years Eve and I am getting ready to go out for the evening. I usually don't go out on this night, I am kind of a home-body, but I promised Kim and Jenn we would go out this year. I was sitting on the couch plucking my eyebrows thinking it was just about time for me to take a shower when my phone rang...it was Jenn telling me that my "back-ordered" Christmas present had finally come in and she wanted to bring it by, well who am I to say no to a gift??? So as I am waiting for Jenn to show up one of my besties, Tina, calls from Arkansas to see how my holiday is going and to tell me yet again that I had better take pictures tonight. As I am chatting with Tina, Jenn shows up with my present.....it's SID!!! Sid is a long time friend that I met in Arkansas when I was working at the University of Arkansas. He use to come out to Virginia every year about this time to hang with us on NY, but he wasn't going to be able to come this year because Arkansas made it to the Sugar Bowl and he was going to go and watch them instead of coming here. Needless to say I was very surprised and there was a lot of girlie squealing going on...and not just from Sid. Apparently everyone was in on the surprise, except my son who can not keep a secret, and that was the real reason for the phone call from Tina, she just wanted to hear my reaction.
I cannot tell you how excited I am to have Sid here. I truly have the best friends in the world and I consider myself to be very blessed. And even though they are still making me go out tonight, I love them all, near and far. I wish we could all be together tonight but those of you that are not here physically you are here in my heart and in my thoughts. I promise I will allow at least one picture to be taken tonight and I will post it on FB for everyone to see.
I don't have a book ready to be reviewed tonight, but I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who follow our blog and to wish you all a very Happy New Year. Be safe and I can't wait to share my thoughts on all of the books that are coming out in 2011. We have more guest authors lined up and contests so stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »