Friday, March 18, 2011

Free Spirit Friday

Happy dance! Happy dance! Sunday is the first day of spring! I’ve seen the daffodils popping up and it makes my heart happy. March is a fun month regardless of the first day of spring celebration. Two of my favorite people have a birthday this month which calls for girl time and super top secret planning. Some deal with the secret keeping better than others and you know who you are. One day all this is gonna come back and burn me they say but until then……
I hope you go out and add this book to your to be read pile because I promise you that you will love it! I can’t wait for the next one. Note cute shoes on the cover (just saying) and the scythe (I would totally carry one of these if they would let me but they keep telling me no. Why?). I also have a soft spot for Charley. Gotta love a girl who names her boobs and ovaries. My girls Barbie and Buffy and my ovaries Federico and Xavier salute you!

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Private investigator Charlotte Davidson was born with three things: a smoking hot ass; a healthy respect for the male anatomy; and the rather odd job title of grim reaper. Since the age of five, she has been helping the departed solve the mysteries of their deaths so they can cross. Thus, when three lawyers from the same law firm are murdered, they come to her to find their killer. In the meantime, she's dealing with a being more powerful, and definitely sexier, than any specter she's ever come across. With the help of a pain-in-the-ass skip tracer, a dead pubescent gangbanger named Angel, and a lifetime supply of sarcasm, Charley sets out to solve the highest profile case of the year and discovers that dodging bullets isn't nearly as dangerous as falling in love.

I loved this book! I laughed out loud so many times I lost count. One can only imagine the entertainment you can get from being able to talk to the dead. I love the variety of dead people she hangs out with. On the other hand it could be extremely painful. The scene with the Johnson girl’s mother was a heartbreaker and also the one with the teenage girl hanging out at the school office where her grandma worked got me too. Of course this “gift” of sorts has to be a HUGE load to bare alone. Every girl needs a best friend to share the burden with and who better than a chick named Cookie. Because let’s face it, it takes a special friend to understand the super hot sex life you’re having with a guy no one can see or hear but you! Being in love is hard enough but when you’re the only one that can see or hear him it can get really interesting. Charley knows she’s connected to her invisible lover Reyes Farrow somehow but she doesn’t know how. She just knows that she must save him before his time runs out.

I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a scythe. If you’re gonna be the Reaper you got to have a scythe (and if it matches your shoes that’s a plus too). Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »