Friday, May 6, 2011

Fever Friday

It's been one of those weeks. You know the kind that if it can go wrong it does. I was even off Tuesday so I had a short week and it still felt like it would never end. It is high time I lighten my load and start slowing down. Summer is coming and to quote Steven Tyler of Aerosmith "I don't want to miss a thing." There were some highlights this week. I got to start my yearly treat of tanning for the month of May, I had a good shopping day and found some bargains and celebrated Cinco de Mayo with my two favorite people. I was so frustrated about this week that I couldn't decide what to blog about. As usual Mizz Berger says blog about what you're currently reading even if someone already has. She says there's always room for another view. So, as I sit here at 10:17 pm. I have decided she wins. Let's talk about Shadowfever. I think next time I'm gonna blog about my to be read list......hmmmm.

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals that have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief, while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh--a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King that contains the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it.

Ok, so my first go round with this series did not go well. I started out with book 1 on audio and I didn't like it. The voice didn't match the story or something. Anyways, it just wasn't working for me. By the way, I don't care for audio books. I just can't get into them UNLESS it's Jim Dale reading Harry Potter in which case I LOVE them! So, I read the next one and liked it and then the next one and by then I was hooked and had drug Shari down with me! Up until this book it had been KILLING me to know what Barrons's was and all his little secrets. Now I'm wondering what Mac is. This book did drive me crazy because Mac can't figure out what she is and what she's suppose to be doing to have the world. It's just one big question after another. And Barrons, don't even get me started! If he gets anymore uptight his head is gonna pop off. If he would stop acting like he doesn't care about Mac it would make my life so much easier! I love how Dani plays a bigger role in this book. She's like the Neville from Harry Potter to me. I thought this was the last book in this series. Now I'm not so sure......

I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries with chocolate/chocolate cake in honor of Dani.
Also a shout out to all my friends out walking for Relay for Life. HOLLA!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the Fever series! Sorry to hear you had a bad week. Hope your weekend makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »