Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Keeper of the Light



Hello Hello!!! It's Tuesday again and my week has already been a little crazy. Has anyone made any progress on that cloning thing I talked about a while ago? Cause I could really use it this week. The end of the school year is coming up soon and my kids are in the throes of SOL's(standards of learning)so the stress level in my house is pretty high. It's hard to believe that another year is almost over and I will have a freshman in high school next year...I can still remember when she was rubbing spaghetti in her hair. Jordan has her first "dress-up" dance this Saturday and dress shopping this past Saturday was quite the adventure. She did find a fabulous dress and her first ever high heels,only an inch but that makes her 5 inches taller than me. I took Lane to see Thor this weekend and I saw the trailer for the re-make of Conan the Barbarian, and can I just say I am going to need to take a bucket for my drool when I go see the movie because of the HOTTIE they have playing Conan....Arnold he is not!!! If any of you are Black Dagger fans I can so see this guy playing Wrath!! MMMMMM LOL Ok I guess I should get to the reason you all read these blogs....the book!!!

Keeper of the Light, Gabrielle Evans, Siren Publishing
KEEPER OF THE LIGHT is the first book in Gabrielle Evans' new Wicked River series. Like a high speed roller coaster ride, you have the click, click, click, slow start then she slams the reader into free fall with her action packed tale of these hybrid creatures and their struggle to find love. And just like all good thrill rides….watch out for the blind drop!

Ms Evans' Gavolot hybrids are unique in their blending of lycan, vampire and demon. They initially present the reader with some challenge in understanding but eventually their natures are revealed and clarified.

Damon and Tate are mates and completely devoted to each other but they both know something is missing….their zeta, the third person that will make their unity complete. They know who their zeta is but can't claim her because she is married to another and pack law forbids interference. So the two eat dinner every night at the diner that Ryah works at just to be near her and watch over her.

Ryah never stood a chance. Suffering through childhood with a mother who was a drug addict and abusive, she marries a man who is a drunk and abusive. Ryah cherishes the friendship that she has with Damon and Tate. Even though she wants out, her husband has threatened to hurt anyone she cares for if she tries to leave him, so to keep the two men safe she stays and survives the beatings he dishes out. When Carson shows up at the diner and starts to beat Ryah in front of everyone, Damon shows up and stops him and they finally convince her to leave him.

With the love and support of the two men in her life, Ryah starts to find her courage and belief in herself when a shocking discovery puts everything on the line. Bur Ryah is stronger than she thinks, and this time she has something worth fighting back for.

While this book for me started out slow and the abuse that Ryah suffers at the hands of her husband is difficult to read, the story that grows from there is so worth sticking it out. I appreciated the strong female character that came from the broken girl you first meet. The relationship between the three is incredibly hot and the sex is inventive at times. I liked the fact the roles for the three seem to change throughout the book so we get to see each of their strengths.

If you are looking for a story with a different twist in the lycan world, then I think you will enjoy the world that Ms. Evans is creating. I found this story unique and sad and funny and sexy and I look forward to the next book in this series.
I give Keeper of the Light 4 chocolate dipped strawberries!!
This review was originally posted at The Romance Reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »