Friday, June 24, 2011

First Fang Friday

Looking forward to this weekend. Heading out for a soccer tournament. After this we get a break for a while. So says the coach but we will see. Hoping to bring home first place again. Girls were AWESOME last weekend. As for Sunday evening….it’s girl time with my favorite ladies. The new season of True Blood starts and I can’t wait. This show can be seen on HBO only and is not kid friendly which is why this is a mommy only night. Which brings me to my blog this week. I’m going to share s little information about the book series this show is based on.



From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina, and the manmade horror of the explosion at the vampire summit, Sookie Stackhouse is safe but dazed, yearning for things to get back to normal. But her boyfriend Quinn is among the missing. And things are changing, whether the weres and vamps in her corner of Louisiana like it or not. In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death…and once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood ceases flowing, her world will be forever altered.


Let me start by saying when I say the show is based on the books I mean loosely based. There are so many differences I can’t even begin to go into them all. But all and all I enjoy the books as well as the True Blood series. I also like the book covers. They have glitter on them (sorry had to throw that in there). I also have this book signed by Charlaine Harris herself. Thanks Sid! There are so many great character in this series. All of them have their own thing going but their story lines are balanced perfectly. I’ll admit Sookie the main character is not my favorite. Which proves that Charlaine Harris has built a great story as a whole. I have enjoyed all of the books in this series and am looking forward to reading the latest one that is out. If you’re a watcher of True Blood try reading the books. The contrast between the two is fun to compare and discuss with the girls or it may want to make you pull your hair out!
I give this series 3 chocolate dipped strawberries and a big ol’ bag of crazy courtesy of Jason Stackhouse.
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »