Friday, October 21, 2011

Found out Friday

Happy Friday greetings! I just came from my daughter's middle school. They asked me to come in and speak to the 8th graders about how reading and writing are important to my job. They were a great group of kids. Should I have plugged our blog??? Probably not! I'm a firm believer that if your kids see you read they are more likely to pick up the habit. In my case with my kids it's completely true. My youngest is 6 and oldest 11. She and I have kinda our own little book club. We read the same book and talk about it and compare it to the movie if there is one. She too is a mythology geek. We're working thru the Percy Jackson series now and we're loving it. Here's what I read this week.....


Demons Prefer Blondes by Sidney Ayers

A BAD DAY FOR A DEMON...

Rafe Deleon is a senior demon and he resents like hell his assignment to Earth to retreive the Chest of the Damned before it ends up in the wrong hands. But then he meets beautiful, intriguing succubus, Lucy Gregory, and she’s just unleashed a whole load of trouble...

REALLY SUCKS FOR A SUCCUBUS...

Lucy’s chic suburban salon has suddenly become the Underworld’s center of mass chaos and destruction. The only good in a day going rapidly down the tubes is the arrival of a gorgeous demon who’s adamant he can help her...

But Lucy has quite a few deeply unpleasant--not to mention deadly and hateful--surprises ahead of her. Surely there’s never been a worse time to tryout a new boyfriend...




Where to start... I had a hard time getting into this book. Not that it was bad it was just one of those books that I just wasn't feeling it. I can't put my finger on why??? I named today's blog Found Out Friday because Lucy finds out the hard way that her dad is still alive and has a big secret. I have to admit it was pretty darn funny LOL. I think one thing that bothered me is that the story was drug out. I didn't feel it progressed well. I think another word I'm looking for is disjointed. I will definitely read more from Sidney Ayers she's great:)

I give this book 2 chocolate dipped strawberries and a day at Lucy's salon. I would totally get my hair done there.

PEACE!

1 comment:

  1. So you finally stuck it out and it was worth it? Ok, I am game, I'll go for it too - thanks for the review and the heads up! You da bomb! Blondie!!!! Maybe if it were "Dragons prefer Blondes...."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »