Thursday, March 15, 2012

GUEST POST: Ava Riley

Welcome Guest Author AVA RILEY! Yesterday Jenn reviewed A Lifetime to Find Love and tomorrow Rebecca will review Sacred Surrender. But today is a real treat - we get to hear directly from the author herself... and she'll be around so "Comment" TODAY to ask any questions you have... the floor is all yours, Ava...

First I would like to take a moment to thank Indulgent Bloggers for giving me the opportunity to stop by today. I am honored to be here at such a wonderful site with all you wonderful people.

March is the month of the Irish and luck (and beer). I’m not Irish, I don’t really drink beer (I’m more a mixed drink kind of gal, so I’ll raise my Long Island Ice Tea to you in a toast), but I do partake in LUCK as often as that lady will hand it out to me. Merriam-Webster describes luck as: a force that brings good fortune or adversity, the events or circumstances that operate for or against an individual, or a favoring chance also success. I’m more fond of the latter of the definitions…a favoring chance~ also success. Lady Luck can keep the negative and give me all the positive she desires; I’m kind of stingy that way.

For as far back as my memory will allow me to venture, I have also wanted to write. Let me rephrase that. I’ve always wanted to see my stories in “print” and to have others enjoy the ups and downs and ups of the “people” who speak to me. That dream became a reality in April of 2011, when A Lifetime to Find Love was submitted to my publisher, Lazy Day Publishing. It wasn’t easy getting there, to the point where I was ready to submit my manuscript, but several things fell into place and I can honestly say that luck was truly on my side. People came into my life which opened more doors and before I knew it I saw my first novel in print.

Throughout my life I have had some pretty unpleasant jobs that took up so much of my time that I was unable to write as much as I would have liked. I am very lucky to have a husband who supports me and who told me a couple years ago to quit my job and go back to school. Because of that I am able to not only pursue a degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing, but also it frees me up to write more.

There are so many in this world who pass day to day with dreams in their hearts but who are unable to follow those dreams. I count my lucky stars every day that I am able to partake in the passion of my heart. When I sit down at my computer or put pen to paper, I know that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love to do on a daily basis and I try not to take it for granted. I would say to you who are still chasing your dreams, “don’t stop reaching for those stars, there is one out there with your name on it and Lady Luck is waiting to hand it to you.”

Thank you again for allowing me to stop by!

Happy Reading!
Ava Riley

VISIT Ava's site and find her BUY LINKS at: http://avarileyromance.wordpress.com/about/

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking the leap of faith it takes to follow your dreams. Your stories show the promise of great beginnings! I am excited to read more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! This is my first comment here, so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Your blog provided us useful information. You have done an outstanding job.
    hotel in ranthambore
    ranthambore national park hotels
    resorts in ranthambore
    ranthambore resorts
    best hotels in kasauli
    hotels in kasauli mall road
    resorts in kasauli
    5 star hotels in kasauli
    kasauli resorts
    budget hotels in jaipur
    jaipur best hotels
    hotel at jaipur
    cheap hotel
    hotel in kasoli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soulja boy net worth، Music Career, Social Media Followers – Soulja Boy is a well-known American rapper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »