Friday, May 4, 2012

Flesh and Feathers Friday

Friday has finally arrived and it couldn't have got here sooner. It's been one of those weeks where something wasn't right with the universe. The highlight of the week was that I could finally crack open that new bottle of tanning lotion that has been mocking me for weeks and hit the tanning bed. Thank you God for letting my tattoo be all healed up:) Tonight I hit the Relay for Life to hang out with some super people. If your not involved in your local one you should totally consider it. It's an amazing experience and you won't want to miss another one. Besides where else can you wear a t shirt that says Support My Rack without attracting creep men! To get away from the crazy universe this week this is what I read.......
Flesh and Feathers 
by Danielle Hylton-Outlook and April Fifer
Azaleigh's life is simple until, by chance, she meets Kale. Charming and handsome, Az is immediately drawn to him. But long kept secrets lurk in the hearts of those Az holds most dear, and dangerous plans are unfolding around her. As her life begins to crumble and Kale disappears, Gage, charismatic and striking, arrives, providing a calm port in an increasingly violent storm. But with every narrow escape from a far from human bounty hunter who's after her life, Az begins to unravel a secret with the power to change her forever. In an increasingly hostile world of Angel and Fallen, Azaleigh must navigate her own path, chose her own side, and ultimately protect her heart. Faced with two gorgeous men, an enemy she doesn’t know, and a future she cannot understand, Az must make a choice--the man she loves, or the man she cannot live without.

CONTENT ADVISORY: This title contains a bittersweet ending.




REVIEW
Weeellll..... I can't decide how I feel about this book. I had some issues flipping back and forth between the worlds. But don't take my word for it. I have blonde moments sometimes and picking up a book and putting it down at crucial parts doesn't help either. The story as a whole was good. Personally I think Kale is kinda sketchy. I'd almost call him a buttmunch as my kids would say. I know he had to be all secretive before Az found out the truth but he's still not sincere enough for me. In swoops Gage to save her heart. Normally I always cheer for the first man because you always feel the second one is invading on a perfectly happy relationship. That's not the case here. Maybe Kale will redeem himself. I will admit I was shocked at the ending which is why I tacked on the CONTENT ADVISORY. I will totally be checking at the next installment to see what happens. I'd like to add that my heart bleeds for Jen. I dont' want to talk about that anymore unless I have a tissue handy. Note to my peeps. If you ever mess with my memories I will kick your ass when I get them back. Love ya mean it:)
I give this story 3 chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of wine. Az deserves it and remember girl. Boys are stupid (thanks Tina)
PEACE/ May the 4th be with you. Happy Star Wars day!



Book Trailer


BUY LINKS
Silver Publishing                                                                   Amazon


The Author(s)
Danielle Hylton-Outland was raised in Virginia. She grew up having a huge appetite for daydreaming; always wanting to live in the spectacular worlds she created in her mind. She now lives with her husband and dog where she is pursuing a degree in literature. Danielle is a strong animal activist. She is currently co-writing the second book in the Flesh Series, "Flesh and Flames".

April Fifer grew up in a small town in Virginia, where it was common practice believing that dreams could only be found in stories. At the age of seven she was diagnosed with dyslexia. She was told that she would struggle through life and would never pick up a book to read for pleasure. Although school was hard, she was able to find her way with the help of two teachers who taught her self-discovery. Ignoring what she was taught growing up, she turned it around and found that your dreams could become stories.

Contact information


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »