Tuesday, June 12, 2012

GUEST POST: Lissa Matthews

My Latest Coffee Indulgence

I want to thank the gals here for having me over to visit this week. I hope they've enjoyed the Blue Jeans and Hard Hat books. I know I really enjoyed writing them. They hold special places in my heart, everything about them from the music (Neil Diamond for months), to the little bits of D/s, to the varying personalities between the friends. I don't know what anyone else's favorite is but mine is, Cracklin' Rosie.

But again, I am honored to be here this week, to be featured with my books.

In two of them, there's mention of coffee and if anyone knows me, they know I love my coffee. In Cracklin' Rosie, she just wants a cup of coffee and doesn't care beyond the caffeine. In Forever in Blue Jeans, Blue and her hero Cort, are coffee snobs a little, preferring French press coffee over drip and Blue in particular loves iced coffee.

Well, so do I. When it comes to coffee, I have two current guilty indulgences: 1. Dark Chocolate Campfire Mocha from Caribou Coffee which is a deep, rich, thick, coffee touched hot chocolate complete with whipped cream and mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips on top. 2. Starbuck's newest frappuccino, the Mocha Cookie Crumble. There are no words other than a frozen chocolate frappe with coffee and chocolate cookie crumbles and chocolate whipped cream. It's just...damn, y'all...now I need one. And when it comes to these two drinks, there's no want or boy that would be nice, feeling. No, it's pure and simple NEED!

ABOUT LISSA
Living in North Carolina, talented, multi-published author, Lissa Matthews, has many loves in her life: Family, friends, NASCAR, football, music of all kinds, cooking, BDSM, and last, but not least, coffee. She loves it so much she and those who know her are surprised she hasn’t floated away on a caffeine-induced cloud while giving life to feisty heroines and hunky heroes.
Lissa’s love of romance came from every book she has ever picked up. No matter what she read, she fell in love with the written word. The promise of escape, the deep, intriguing characters, and the winding journey from beginning to end, constantly drew her into bookstores and libraries as she was growing up.
Her first stories were written in junior high and she kept it up through college. She would stay up late at night when her kids were little reading romance and still penning her own stories. In 2007, when she and her family moved to North Carolina from Florida, she began pursuing writing as a profession and she couldn’t imagine doing anything else… Well, except maybe writing in her own cupcake bakery/coffee shop. But that dream is a ways down the road… Lucky for Lissa, she believes in dreams coming true.
Lissa is married with two children and seven, yes, seven cats. She blames her oldest child for the cats.

Do you have a drink indulgence? CONTEST ALERT! Share it here with me... or complete any of the other ways to enter into my contest...

4 comments:

  1. Wine seems to be our drink indulgence at our monthly book clubs... some of us prefer dry, some of us like it a bit sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non alcohol would be a caffe mocha YUMMMMMM
    Other wise a gin and tonic is always on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My drink indulgence is coffee also....I drink every bit of four pots a day!!! I'm a hot mess without it!!!

    andieleah78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coffee - anything with espresso - and am okay admitting to the addiction. My indulgence changes with the season... peppermint white mocha for winter, pumpkin spice latte for fall, caramel macchiato for spring and summer brings me back to all things iced.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »