Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Well school is back in session, both for my kids and at JMU where I work. There are some disadvantages that come with working on a college campus, parking being the worst and then traffic and insane pedestrians that don't look before they cross the street. But later this afternoon when all the hot guys are jogging with no shirts on it's funny how quickly I will forget about the bad things.

And speaking of hot guys (like my segue?) This months book club selection is Bared to You by Sylvia Day. Gideon Cross is hot in the "I am so rich I can buy the world but I am a total head case kind of way". But DANG that so worked for me in this book.



Bared to You by Sylvia Day
Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness...

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... 

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...



This book was very easy to get lost in. The characters are very well written and even when they are completely frustrating they are likable. The story was engaging and very much had that non-stop aggressive New York feel to it. It's funny how much the city fit the tone of the book and it wasn't something I realized until I sat down to write this review.

"Is it possible for two abuse survivors to have a functional romantic relationship?"

I think that one line tells you more about this book than any other. This is not an emotionally easy read, but it is completely captivating and will make you forget the world around you.

I liked that both characters had their demons. So many times it's one character that needs to be saved but in this book they are helping each other. I also liked the fact that they were both honest about being screwed up. Gideon may not have shared exactly where his demons come from but he acknowledges they exist. And I have to say that Eva is one of the strongest female leads that I have read in a while. Their flaws make them real.

There are some great secondary characters, I loved every scene that  Eva's boss Mark and his partner Steve were in. And Cary, Eva's roommate and best friend, dysfunctional as he may be added more layers to the storyline. I didn't really like Eva's mom, but totally understood her over-protectiveness. It would have drove me crazy if it was happening to me but I understood where it came from.

Now let's talk about the sex, BABY! It is scorching hot and I strongly suggest you do not read this book in public because you may just find you need some private time after certain scenes. But I am sorry and I do have to call bullshit on one thing.....there is NO WAY anyone can go to the gym and work out after 9 orgasms in one day! Hell I don't even think I could order pizza to be delivered let alone run on a treadmill or do a Krav Maga work out. That being said, I am very much looking forward to the next book in this series and the varied and multiple ways and times that Gideon and Eva have sex.

Strong, likable, flawed, real characters. Great, fast paced storyline. Melt the pages sex. Sounds to me like Ms. Day has hit the trifecta in erotic romance.

RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »