Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday with Sid!


It’s been a while since we’ve had a Saturday with Sid and I’ll apologize for that right now, but my life has been a big bag of crazy lately.  You’ve heard the old title “A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum”… Well, in this case, a funny thing happened while Facebook stalking!  I encountered a pretty hot Eric Arvin while commenting on another author’s work and took a chance and added him to my friends list.  I’d never read any of Eric’s work so I asked him to suggest something to read and his suggestion was “Woke Up In A Strange Place”….

“Joe wakes up in a barley field with no clothes, no memories, and no idea how he got there. Before he knows it, he's off on the last great journey of his life. With his soul guide Baker and a charge to have courage from a mysterious, alluring, and somehow familiar Stranger, Joe sets off through a fantastical changing landscape to confront his past. The quest is not without challenges. Joe's past is not always an easy thing to relive, but if he wants to find peace-and reunite with the Stranger he is so strongly drawn to-he must continue on until the end, no matter how tempted he is to stop along the way.”

I’m a firm believer that God puts things in your path that you need when you need them.  I’ve been given the right friend at the right time many times now and I just don’t question those things anymore.  A few of you who know me know that death has followed  me around for a few months:  my grandmother (and last living grandparent), the little lady that was my babysitter before I started kindergarten, and a close friend of my mother’s finally lost her 20 year fight with cancer.  All of these losses left me feeling pretty glum and when Eric suggested that I read “Woke Up In A Strange Place”, I bought it with quite a bit of trepidation.  I knew early on in the book that it was going to make me cry and I prepped myself for that. I didn’t, however, prep myself for the gamut of emotions that the book takes you through.  You’re gonna feel some horror, some sadness,  some “OMG that’s HOT”, and top it off with a little “WTF”...and then you get to the end and you realize that Eric Arvin has done you an amazing service and made your life just a little bit better.  Yeah, re-read that sentence. You probably read it right the first time.  Reading “Woke Up In A Strange Place” is going to stick with you and make you FEEL.  If half of what Eric has written about Heaven is true, then we should be so lucky to end our final journey there.  You’ll have to pick up “Woke Up In A Strange Place” and read it to figure out what I’m talking about.  Seriously though y’all, Eric Arvin hit it out of the park with this one.  This book is GOOD. Read it!  Four and a half chocolate dipped gooey strawberries for Eric Arvin and “Woke Up In A Strange Place”!
(And…sorry for the melancholy tone..but I can’t be chipper and gorgeous ALL the time, right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »