Saturday, August 18, 2012

Woke Up!

As most of you know, if you are a frequent reader of the blog, I am known in most circles as the Book Pimp. It is a title that I hold with great honor because it means that people know who to call when they are looking for a book to read...I am like a glorified librarian! Well this past week someone else took the title for a bit and turned me onto an author that I had not read before. I would like to thank Sid for bringing this book to my attention.

 There are 4 of us from the blog that will be attending GayRomLit in October in Albuquerque and we have been trying to work our way through as many of the attending authors works as we can. While commenting on another authors book Sid made contact with Eric Arvin and boy am I glad he did. Woke Up In A Strange Place is one of those books that just sticks with you once you have read it. So this weekend we are featuring this book and posting an interview of the author. If you have not read Eric Arvin please do so immediately and Woke Up is a great place to start!



Woke Up In A Strange Place by Eric Arvin Dreramspinner Press
Joe wakes up in a barley field with no clothes, no memories, and no idea how he got there. Before he knows it, he's off on the last great journey of his life. With his soul guide Baker and a charge to have courage from a mysterious, alluring, and somehow familiar Stranger, Joe sets off through a fantastical changing landscape to confront his past.

The quest is not without challenges. Joe's past is not always an easy thing to relive, but if he wants to find peace—and reunite with the Stranger he is so strongly drawn to—he must continue on until the end, no matter how tempted he is to stop along the way.






So let me just start by saying that I want to go to Eric Arvin’s version of “Heaven”. And just in case it is real I already have my spot mapped out. This is one of the most descriptively beautiful books that I have read. I could see each “heaven” in my mind in full color.

This book, while a beautiful love story, also reminded me that we can never really know the impact that we have on people’s lives. No matter how small or large, good or bad our contact we leave an impression on every person we meet. Which I think is a great reminder for everyone.

I also really enjoyed the thought of everyone having to take that journey and look back at the decisions they made and how it affected where they finally ended up. One different decision and things could have gone so differently. And while things might have been painful at the time and we didn’t understand why it was happening we were better, stronger people for it.

There were many tears for me in this book but also a lot of smiles. Wouldn’t we all love the opportunity to go back and play with our childhood friends again? To have that chance to tell someone we love them again and to thank them for being in our life. And seriously who wouldn’t want to come across that “frat house”…I know I am bringing my lampshade with me!

If you are looking for a romance with an epic feel to it Woke Up In A Strange Place is a book that you don’t want to miss. I know it will be on my bookshelf in Heaven!
Buy Link: Woke Up in a Strange Place

RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries. This book was provided by the author. Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »