Tuesday, October 23, 2012

But For You by Mary Calmes

Yes, yes I know I am posting a little late this week, but give me a break I am still on Albuquerque time. Jenn, Shari, Sid and I all had a FABULOUS time at GRL this past week but it's taking me a bit to bounce back from the time change and the travel. We made some new friends, Ellis Carrington and Hope Standifer. Got to meet some of our favorite authors, Amy Lane, Abigail Roux, Eric Arvin, and the ADORABLE TJ Klune,  and found some new to us authors like Damon Suede and Kate McMurray. It was also great to see Andrew Grey, Ariel Tachna and Carole Lynne again.There were many squealing fan girl moments and not all of them were from Sid. LOL A good time was had by all, but I think Sid had the best time when he wore his kilt an was basically the Belle of the ball! Next years GRL is in Atlanta and we are already making plans.

I have the last book in Mary Calmes A Matter of Time series and I have to say that I am a little sad to know that there won't be another one but I am hoping we still get snippets of Sam and Jory's life when we get Aaron's and Duncan's story. And we better be getting Aaron and Duncan's story or I am going to cry!!!



But For You, Mary Calmes, Dreamspinner Press
A Matter of Time #6
Jory Harcourt is finally living the dream. Being married to US Marshal Sam Kage has changed him—it’s settled the tumult of their past and changed Jory from a guy who bails at the first sign of trouble to a man who stays and weathers the storm. He and Sam have two kids, a house in the burbs, and a badass minivan. Jory’s days of being an epicenter for disaster are over. Domestic life is good.
Which means it's exactly the right time for a shakeup on the home front. Sam’s ex turns up in an unexpected place. A hit man climbs up their balcony at a family reunion. And maybe both of those things have something to do with a witness who disappeared a year ago. Marital bliss just got a kick in the pants, but Jory won’t let anyone take his family away from him. Before he knew what it felt like to have a home, he would have run. Not anymore. He knows he and Sam need to handle things together, because that’s the only way they’re going to make it.


For those of you, like me, who fell in love with Jory in the first Matter of Time novel you will not be disappointed in this last installment. Jory still attracts men, women and trouble where ever he goes and Sam is there to growl, fuck him against the wall , and save his ass. The couple are a bit older with two adopted children but that doesn't mean their lives have gotten less complicated.

All of the secondary character's that you have grown to love make an appearance and it really added to the "family" feel of this book. The day to day chaos of raising children had a very real feel to it. But I have to say if one of my children had been involved in the incident that took place at school I would have been the one with the axe in my hand.

Most of the tension in this book comes from Sam's past, seems Mr. Kage wasn't as lonely as he led Jory to believe when he was undercover. But we also had a family reunion, hit men and a shoot out on the highway to keep this book moving. And before I knew it I was at the end and it was bittersweet. I will miss Sam and Jory but like I said above I am hoping we get glimpses of them in Aaron and Duncan's story.

With her characteristic suspense, funny dialog and super hot sex Ms. Calmes gave us a perfect happily ever after story for two of my all time favorite characters.



RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries.  This book was given to us by Dreamspinner Press. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »