Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's All About the LOVE!

What book do I think is the best True Love story out there????? I have read so many books that I had a hard time trying to come up with my favorite 50 let alone the one that speaks to me the most. Then it hit me – I was sitting at my desk at work and realized the books that talk to me the most are the ones that I have read and re-read. You know what I’m talking about - the book or series that you just can’t put away. The one that you just can’t send to archive on your Nook or delete on you IPAD EVEN knowing you can go back and get them. With that in mind the series that talks to me the most is the Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux. Ty Grady and Zane Garrett are two totally alpha males that are perfect together. The series is great but if I have to pick one love story out of the series it would be the sixth book, Stars & Stripes. The first five books in the series are co-authored, Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban. You can read the reviews on the series and see the 5 star rating all over the place so I won’t bore you with that part of it. I also can respect your opinion if you don’t like to read M/M but for me, the stories are True Love at its best.

Why do I love it so much?  Simple – here are two men that think they don’t desire the happy ever after.  On the outside they are your rough, alpha males that would rather cut off a limb then say “I love you”.  Their relationship builds slowly – like in real life. Their pasts don’t just magically disappear because they find their one and only true love.  No! They have to work through tons of shit to get to one of the best books in HISTORY – “Stars and Strips”! If you read the series you know how deep this book really is. If you didn’t then read them! You know it’s true love when you can stand by your man in both West Virginia mountain country (Ty’s family) and the big Texas ranch country (Zane’s family) and come out to both.  These two find a way to make it work when all odds are against them.  If you read the books you know what I’m talking about.  Ty is my hero – military recon – capture – tortured – lost brothers he fought with – then recon brother and partner in FBI killed – running away from his family at a young age because of his sexual preference – that stuff really happens and I can only imagine how much it hurts.  After all of that, he is still man enough to love again.  I really like Zane too and he has his own baggage but Ty stands by him and they work through it all together. This story is all about not taking the easy way out when you have something that you love. Love is worth fighting for and too many people forget that.  It isn’t easy and it doesn’t always go your way but if you really care then you find a way to make it work and that is exactly what Ty and Zane do. I gave this book a five when I first reviewed it and if I read it 10 years from now, well, I would give it a five then too. That’s my vote for the week and may we all be lucky enough to find that kind of love in our lives!!!!!   


RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries.

1 comment:

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »