Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding by Marie Sexton

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted a review and for that I apologize. I went through a phase where I just couldn't read anything. I would start a book get a couple of paragraphs in and...nothing. After trying this with several different books I just assumed I needed a break and hoped it would last more than a couple of days, well it last for over two weeks with me and I just about went crazy during that time. Now I have heard of writers block but readers block??? Really??? Thankfully that has passed and I am starting to get caught up on all the books I have purchased over the last several weeks trying to break the drought.

Now I didn't purchase the book that I am about to review but I thought it would be a great way to get back into the swing of things. 


                                                         Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding
Coda #6
Families should grow, not shrink. It’s been on Jon Kechter’s mind since before he tied the knot with his millionaire lover, Cole Fenton. Now hoping to adopt, Jon and Cole search for a mother-to-be willing to let them love her baby, but the interminable wait is wearing on them both.

Jon is close to his father, George, but until Cole, he didn’t have anyone else. Now George is pushing Cole to reconcile with his estranged mother. When the three of them spend Christmas with her in Munich, the results are disastrous. Jon and Cole resolve to stay positive, but no hope exists without a tinge of fear. Jon and Cole can’t help but wonder if their dream of being parents just wasn’t meant to be.





The Coda series is one of my favorite series of all time and I have loved Cole from book one. I didn't think I could get any happier than when he got his own book. Oh, but I was so wrong! This book is a bowl full of yummy goodness that I will read again and again. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but it is beautifully written with real emotions that will take you from sadness to elation and everything in-between.

The intense and some what erratic  feelings that both men experienced during the wait to hopefully adopt a child were tangible, add in trying to reconcile with a parent and I am not sure how Cole survived and Jon didn't strangle him.  But reading the extra steps that they had to  take to make sure the child was protected if something happened to one of them made me sad.

I don't know if this is the last book in the series but if it is it was a beautiful way to end and if not I can't wait to see how baby Hope deals with two overprotective dads and all those doting Uncles!




RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries This book was given to us by Dreamspinner Press. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »