Monday, September 16, 2013

Unbreak Me REVIEW

Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan was a sweet and sexy love story. It'll break your heart and then make you smile.

“If you’re broken, I’ll fix you…”

I’m only twenty-one and already damaged goods. A slut. A failure. A disappointment to my picture-perfect
family as long as I can remember. I called off my wedding to William Bailey, the only man who thought I was worth fixing. A year later, he’s marrying my sister. Unless I ask him not to…

“If you shatter, I’ll find you…”

But now there’s Asher Logan, a broken man who sees the fractures in my façade and doesn’t want to fix me at all. Asher wants me to stop hiding, to stop pretending. Asher wants to break down my walls. But that means letting him see my ugly secrets and forgiving him for his.

With my past weighing down on me, do I want the man who holds me together or the man who gives me permission to break?

REVIEW
Unbreak Me is a poignant story of a young woman that went through things no girl should have to and she came out the other side whole. The mystery of her past is slowly revealed and left my mouth hanging open a few times.

Maggie has dealt herself a harsh punishment for the coping mechanisms she's used. She has no self confidence and can't see the value she brings to her family. In the beginning, I felt sorry for her which usually doesn't work for me. However, the author shares her secrets and builds her up as her relationship with Asher progresses.
“Someday," I say softly, "you'll tell me the whole story. I'll wait."
"When you know the whole story, you won't want me anymore. I'm that girl."
"Don't count on that."
When I lift my eyes to her face, she's watching me with something like wonder. "What?"
She shakes her head, "I can't figure you out."
"Good." I cup her face in my palms and trace her bottom lip with my thumb. "Then maybe you won't be able to figure out how to push me away.” 
It's beautiful and heart-wrenching as Asher helps Maggie move forward after returning home. He knew how to help her heal without making her feel as if she's wrong to feel broken. The connection between Asher and Maggie is what made this book for me. (It even made me overlook some of the timeline questions I had.)

The metaphor with her glass artwork was a great inclusion in the book. Down to even these littlest details, the author gives readers a story they won't soon forget. In the end, it feels good to be reminded that everyone deserves redemption.

RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »