Friday, November 8, 2013

Sorry for the short intro today readers but I'm celebrating the end of the fall sports season!
Till next week:)

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

Keeper of the demon of Secrets, Amun can manipulate the darkest thoughts of anyone nearby. But when the immortal warrior is chained and isolated to protect those he loves, death is his only hope of release—until he meets Haidee, a fellow prisoner whose beauty and hidden vulnerability draw him into a reckless test of his loyalty.

Haidee is a demon-assassin, raised to despise Amun's kind. Yet how can she hate the man whose touch sets her aflame? But to save him, she must give herself body and soul...and face the wrath of a powerful adversary sworn to destroy her.


Hmmm....where to start. It took me awhile to get into this book. I think I was a little pissy that Lucian drug Amun to hell with him to save Legion and then Lucien said thanks buddy and took off. Uncool Lucian, uncool. I was also getting the vibe that this book was gonna be more about Strider than Amun but I was wrong. Strider is a part of the story in the beginning but he breaks off into his own thing and I'm super excited to read his book! I will say that the back cover to this book leave off a MAJOR detail about Haidee and but I'm not gonna spoil it for you.

I give this book 3.5 chocolate dipped strawberries and would someone get me a backpack like that!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »