Monday, January 24, 2011

I've Got The Fever... Fae Fever.

Fever
Never know how much I love you... Never know how much I care... When you put your arms around me... I get a fever, that’s so hard to bear...
The Flu may be going around, but I have the Fever, Fae Fever!  I have just started Karen Marie Moning’s Shadowfever and can’t wait for Jenn’s review of it later this week.  To get you warmed up, I thought we would chat about the earlier books in Moning’s Fever series.  I was really lucky that I did not have this series recommended to me until last year. That way there were 4 books already out and I zipped through them. I have been waiting for Shadowfever to come out for more than six months and I was not sure I was going to make it. 

Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1)Darkfever is the first book in the series centered around  MacKayla "Mac" Lane a young (22 year old) woman who leaves a small town in the U.S. to travel to Ireland when her older sister is murdered and leaves a cryptic message on her cell phone.

In Dublin, Mac meets the mysterious and very hot Jericho Barrons, and learns more about the deadly Fae, beings that most of humankind don't even realize exist, but that Mac can see in their unrevealed and often gruesome form. The book takes you through all of Mac’s emotions grief and regret over the death of her sister, determination to find what destroyed her, and intrigue with the world she is learning about and her special role in it. On the romance side of things Moning begins the development of good sexual tension between Barrons and Mac and introduces us to the gorgeous V'Lane a death-by-sex Fae.

The first book is a great foundation for the other Fever books and Moning does an exceptional job with creating this world that contains both very disturbing and dark elements and laughter and humor as our unlucky heroine is able to laugh at herself and the situations in which she finds herself.  Moning builds suspense in many ways throughout the story and I could not get enough.  I became so invested with the characters that I wanted to read the next book as soon as I finished this one.  In fact, I had to go out and buy it the next day. 

My recommendation is that you get all the books in the series  before you started reading them, so you don’t have a panic attack wondering what is happening with your favorite characters while you are waiting for the next book to be shipped.   Read the first book, and you will see that this is definitely a Fever that needs to be fed.  I give the whole series 5 chocolate-dipped strawberries!

Reviewed by Cat Devon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »