Friday, September 23, 2011

First day of Fall Friday


Well it's here....and it's not gonna go away. It's only gonna get worse as time goes on. Fall is here as my children pointed out as they danced around me pointing and laughing at my misery. It poured all day and I sat at my desk wishing to be home in bed with a book. I made it through the day and now am in bed writing my blog and then getting ready to pick up the Kindle and start something new. Hmmm....what to read,what to read??? This week I went back to my world of the Dark Hunters (I'm very happy there by the way!). The wonderful Sherrilyn Kenyon will be a guest at a book event in June 2012 that I may have to sell a portion of my soul to attend. Surely the soccer gods will not scorn me for missing a tournament!

Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Setting: Las Vegas, NV

Harm no human…

A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he’d spend eternity protecting the humans he’d once considered prey.

Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief- Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meets the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.

A gun in the hand is worth two in the holster…

Jess has been charged with finding and terminating the creature who’s assassinating Dark-Hunters. The last thing he expects to find is a human face behind the killings, but when that face bears a striking resemblance to the one who murdered him centuries ago, he knows something evil is going on. He also knows he’s not the one who killed her parents. But Abigail refuses to believe the truth and is determined to see him dead once and for all.

Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, they must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they’ve sworn to protect.



Once again another fab book. There are no bad Dark Hunter books and the greatest thing about them is the series moves forward. It's a continuing story. It's not just the story of how the main character finds their happily ever after. I call this book the "throw back" story. You know like 80's music and leg warmers. LOL I call it "throw back" because we meet Jess way back in Zarek's book (he's Zarek's only friend) and he's mentioned here and there in others. I liked the twist of Abby being adopted by a vampire family. It has to be crazy wild to find out that the people you call family miss led you and caused you to unleash hell on earth. I have to give Jess the most forgiving man on the planet award. Abby has been killing his Dark Hunter family members, tries to kill Jess and like I stated before unleashes hell on earth and he literally forgives her immediately and protects her. I swear the man doesn't get rattled easily!

I really hope you guys have picked this series up as much as I've raved about it. I promise you won't regret it. I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and some RAID bug spray. You never know what kinda swarm will come at you next. I will also never look at one of those drive thru car washes again quite the same (hehehe). Kinda like I never look at a dressing room like I used to after reading a previous Dark Hunter book (hehehe). I am now going back to my own little world and wait for the third Chronicles of Nick book. Feel free to visit me anytime there. I always have snacks.
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »