Friday, September 16, 2011

New Friend Friday

I have survived another week. This one, not so crazy busy as the last. A few practices got rained out so I actually got to go home after work! The weather has been quite cold the last two days. No, not chilly. I said COLD people! Both my kids have come and go fevers. My son knows the school nurse on a first name basis now. He was awesome in his first football game. I had tears in my eyes when he came running thru the banner onto the field. I would have loved for my grandma to have been there to see it. My daughter plays her first official travel soccer game this weekend. She's 11 and plays on U13. Good luck Flash! Seeing as I had a little free time this week I managed to get some reading done. I even broke out the Kindle........


Shared Range by Andrew Grey


After a year in medical school, Dakota Holden returned home to take care of the family business full time and help his father cope with multiple sclerosis. Devoted to his family, Dakota allows himself just one week of vacation a year, which he spends in some exotic location having all the fun he can stand. On his last vacation, a cruise, Dakota struck up a friendship with Phillip Reardon, and it fills an important role in Dakota’s life. So when Phillip decides to take Dakota up on his invitation to visit the ranch, Dakota is happy to see him and meet his veterinarian friend, Wally Schumacher. Despite Wally’s inclination to help the wolves Dakota’s men shoot to protect the cattle, he and Dakota find they have a lot in common, including a fierce attraction. But they’ll have to decide if the Wyoming range is big enough for Dakota’s cattle, Wally’s wolves, and their love.


How funny is it that I busted out my Kindle that I won at Author's After Dark and I get to blog about a new author I met there as well. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Grey at this conference and he is such a delight to chat with. I can't put my finger on it but once you've met the author of a book/series that you read it changes how you view the story. Not in a bad way of course! The characters feel more real. Like the people that live in your town. It just pulls you right in and that is exactly how Andrew's book made me feel. As far as I'm concerned these people could live on the farm down the road from me (ok, minus the wolves but we do have coyotes!). It always amazes me the fierce devotion that people have to animals.. Don't get me wrong I love animals. I mean how many times have my friends heard me say OMG you're not gonna eat that are you or my personal favorite order a veggie burger with bacon! It's fun to see if the cooks and waitstaff catch it! LOL Anyways...Dakota and Wally find themselves between a rock and a hard place. As a vet Wally is compelled to protect the wolves but from Dakota's position they are hurting is herd which in turn hurts the family business. It's easy to see each ones point of view but how do you compromise in a situation like that? I'm not gonna tell you! Read the book!


I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries while sitting on the deck of a cruise ship!

PEACE!




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much. I'm so pleased you liked my Western. I had a great time writing Dakota and Wally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authors After Dark was an amazing convention. I got to meet the most wonderful people like Kim. I cannot wait for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »