Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sinfully Sweet


I’m not a fan of anthologies, mostly because short stories often leave me unsatisfied. It’s kind-of like having just one m&m. I don’t know about you, but I want at least a handful. But since Entangled was a book club selection, I hunkered down and read on a nice rainy day. I’ll admit to skimming some but then found a delicious nibble that left me daydreaming of cupcakes and not because I’m addicted to sugar.

SINFULLY SWEET is written by Michelle Miles who writes the Coffee House series. The short story gave me enough character introduction and world-building to make me want more. She’s now on my authors to watch list and you better believe I’ll read this series when it comes out.  The premise of this short story is simple. Chloe leaves her coven after her sister is murdered. She hides successfully in the human realm, opens a cute little bakery and enjoys life. As a witch, Chloe sometimes bakes a little magic into her pastries. When she meets Edward, the sexy half-demon/ half-witch, she puts a lust spell in the red velvet cupcakes which kicks up their attraction and lends itself to a deliciously hot moment. Only Edward has come to warn her that those who murdered her sister are now after her; and before they can formulate an escape, evil finds them. Edward’s magic saves the day. But this has to be just the beginning of a magnificent love story between Chloe and Edward.

RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries

1 comment:

  1. I always knew there was something special in red velvet cake - didn't know it was a lust spell, just knew it was yummy and addictive! Now I know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »