Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Orders Friday

It's Friday the 13th and I'm determined to make it an awesome day. I was blessed with a few warmer days this week. That made me a very happy girl. I have a friend in town (HI SID!) Out to dinner to my favorite Mexican restaurant Wednesday night and dinner and a play tonight. New dress and purse for the occasion. Can't wait! Another thing I couldn't wait for was to read the following book!

The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken

I was raised for battle. And as the first daughter of a warrior family, I’ve earned my reputation the hard way. Yet now I fight alongside uncivilized male Northland dragons who think a female is only good for breeding and waiting back home in the cave. But it’s the foolish and foolhardy who would try to stop me, Rhona the Fearless, from doing what I do best—destroying the enemies of my kind.

So the smartest thing wily barbarian Vigholf the Abhorrent can do for me is stay out of my way as we risk all on a deadly mission in enemy territory. I don’t care if he’s fascinated by me, even though he is as attractive as he is resourceful. He’s having far too much fun putting me in difficult situations and testing my sense of duty to the limit. And I’m going to enjoy challenging his insufferable confidence, outwitting his schemes, and making him surrender in the wildest ways…


As always a wonderful book! I loved Vigholf's persistence in his quest to win Rhona. Five years is a long time to hint around! The further I got into the book I sorta felt bad for Rhona. She was every one's mother figure and never questioned what she should do (hence the blog name). Never mind what she wanted to do. She did what was expected of her without question. Something I could never do! I have enough trouble following directions as it is! In doing that she lost herself. She didn't see her own worth and beauty so when Vigholf showed interest she had no idea it was true interest and not a "hey you're here and I'm here so you wanna?"kinda deal. It was sweet to see her come around. I also loved the relationship she had with her father. Not a big part of the story but one of my favorites. As was her relationship with her triplet sisters that she raised.

I give this story 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a cool spear (her dad makes the coolest stuff!)

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »