Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Phases with Mia Watts


Horny, Hard and Hare-y, Hare's Moon

Unchaste, Chaste Moon

AUTHOR: Mia Watts
PUBLISHER: Resplendence Publishing


Hello readers, and welcome to the year 2012! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and got to spend time with the people in your life that you love. I don't know about anyone else but I am really looking forward to all the new books that will be coming out this year. I found several "new to me" authors last year thanks to contests on Facebook and I hope to find even more this year.

This week is Phases week and we are each reviewing two books from the series and it just so happened that I got the FABULOUS Mia Watts' books and I could not have been happier. Mia is one of those authors whose books read much longer than their page length. She is very good at creating fully evolved stories in just a few pages. Here are two nuggets of goodness:

Horny, Hard and Hare-y, was my favortite of the two books. I love when they throw together abnormal pairings in shifters and we get quite the mix with an owl, a tortoise and a hare. What was really great about this book was you basically got three stories in one. You have Gibbs the owl shifter and his love for human Ben and while we the readers knew Duncan loved Charlie we didn't know if he would ever have the courage to admit it. Finally you have the incredibly hot coming together of all four men, but can they keep it just friends with bennies....or will emotions get in the way?? I would be first in line if Ms. Watts were to write a follow-up story with these men.

Unchaste, is the second of the two stories and I really enjoyed the twist to the native american history and time travel. Each of the three main characters is very distinct and interesting but I have to admit I thought Amara was a bit of an ass. I did enjoy watching his character grow and finally accept his feelings. And I have to say that Flynn was a lot more calm and accepting of his situation than I would have been in his place.

Both stories were very unique and fun to read, however there were several editing errors and wrong character names used that was a little frustrating. If you are looking for quick sexy reads with some hot man on man on man action then both of the books would satisfy that craving.

RATING: 
4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries for Horny, Hard and Hare-y 
3 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries for Unchaste.

These books were given to us by Resplendence Publishing. Many thanks.

CONTEST ALERT!!
Comment on any review this week OR tell us what your guilty indulgence is... and you'll be entered into the contest to win ALL TWELVE of the PHASES BOOKS.

10 comments:

  1. Tyra, thank you for the awesome review! I'm so glad you liked Horny, Hard and Hare-y. I tend toward the obvious humor w the tortoise and the hare, but I couldn't resist! It was so much fun. :)

    With Unchaste, I got caught up in the history of the Cahokia. All that research was a lot of fun to then take and twist toward fiction.

    Again, thank you for the review and thanks to Ndulgent for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciated the research that went into Unchaste but have to admit I enjoyed the humor in Horny, Hard and Harey more. Ben's reaction when he's told about the shifters had me giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Mia threw in a time travel curve ball...dang it - now I gotta move that one up to the top of the TBR...3 days into the new year and I'm already behind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally psyched to read H,H,&H - I love humor and sexy men...Mia, you rock! How do you keep on coming up with these ideas???? Overdose on chocolate? Caffeine? Nyquil???? LOL - whatever your muse, it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say... I never read M/M until the lovely, and extremely talented Mia introduced me to it. Luckily for me, she has a constant supply of new material!

    Keep up the great work and please don't stop writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Paloma, the research was amazing. I happened to drive through that area and stay for the night with my publisher. She told me all the info about them, gave me tour handouts and drove me around. What's crazy is, the whole area is covered with these mounds and highways drive right between them. Only some of them are maintained and so many have been lost. It's beautiful and so sad too.

    Glad you liked Ben's reaction. ;) I always struggle with a reveal like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @HeyJenn, You too huh? I'm a sucker for time travel. If there's some of that going on in a book, I'm sure to pick it up. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jenn, LOL, Nyquil?? Actually you may be onto something. Though I don't do Nyquil, I often wake up with plots already formed in mind. I have three waiting to be written as we speak.

    I love your enthusiasm! Thank you for the awesome support. I think my muse is disguised as "deadline". It also helps when you fall in love with your heroes. Hubba hubba.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kris, Aw hon. I love ya. I still find that tremendously hard to believe but duuuude, I'm totally taking credit for that. Can't wait to see you at the next conference where I can yet again make a naive verbal blunder and you and Bron can tease me endlessly. It's practically tradition.

    Oh and apparently I talk in my sleep now. Ask Bron about the current state of America. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I'm a sucker for time travel....only one in our group (besides Sid) who can claim all fifty bazillion pages of Diana Gabaldon's epic tales and still rave about em!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »