Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BOOK TOUR: SOMMER MARSDEN, RESTLESS SPIRIT

BOOK TOUR ALERT:

Welcome to Sommer Marsden, a new to us author, and one we are happy to have on tour with us today!  

Unfortunately, between the Super Moon and the post full moon mayhem, this tour has gone up a wee tad late - but good things come to those who wait so please, stay and check this special read out.  Enjoy some eye candy and find a review attached below....wow, all this and big prizes!!!  Woohoo - Humpday rocks!





The one who leaves you star struck…

I'm having fun shining a spot light on main characters in my current novel Restless Spirit. It's sort of like having a psychotic break, but for a good cause. When you 'talk to your characters' folks tend to raise an eyebrow. I've covered Stan and Adrian in previous blogs. Today we move on to a bright and shining star—literally.

Sometimes in a novel we bring in a famous character. And by we, I mean (at least, for me as a writer) he shows up unannounced and says, "Hey! I'm here and I'm something else."

Berry farm owners could look like this....
In Restless Spirit, that particular character would be Reed Green—tall, lean, pretty longish hair. He's the one that any girl would be star struck over. And yet, Tuesday isn't so much struck as intrigued. Because she's much more clever than I am, apparently. I'd be stammering and stalking, but Tuesday is just soaking in the surreal scenario of having former child TV star and current berry farmer Reed Green as a potential lover.

So, let's see what Reed has to say about Tuesday:

Hey, Reed, might I say you are as hot as you look on TV?

And might I say you are as sweet as the berries on my farm?

You're quite a bullshitter when need be, eh, Reed?

Only as much as necessary. But I meant it. You are sweet.

I wanted to start in the same place I did with the other men.

[grumbles] Other men, right. Well, where shall we start?

Favorite beverage?

That's easy. It was a nice Port I had at a dinner party for the president of the network I used to work for. It was a 19-something or other. I'll have to check in my book.

You keep a book of beverages?

I keep a notebook of everything I like.

So in that book, said the woman with the ham-handed segue, what is listed as your favorite sexual position.

[laughs]. That's easy. Whichever one brings the most pleasure at any given moment.

Touché. So now let's move on to Tuesday. What do you think of Tuesday Cane?

I think she's the most genuine woman I've ever met. A bit broken, a bit angry, a lot passionate and funny as hell. Oh, and I’ve heard she’s wicked with a baseball bat. I like her. A lot. Probably more than I should.

Why do you say that?

Tuesday's a heartbreaker. Doubly so because she doesn't realize it.

So what do you think of your chances with her?

As good as anyone's honestly. But a guy can hope.

Last question, Reed.

Shoot.

Can you sign this picture for me?

Sure. Who should I make it out to?




*At the end of the Restless Spirit tour I’ll draw two winners from comments. One print copy winner (I’ll let you know what books are available in print) from my backlist and one ebook winner from my backlist. To see my backlist see my Amazon author page:




Please note that only my single author titles are being offered as prizes. When you comment, make sure to leave a contact email! 


Full our schedule is here http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion /blog-tours/currently-on-tour/sommer-marsden-2



BOOK BLURB:



Tuesday Cane walks out on her life and her abusive man when she inherits her grandmother s house at Allister Lake. 

There she finds plenty of distractions to take her mind off her loss with her sexy neighbour and handyman Shepherd, former TV star Reed and her old flame Adrian. 

But, as time passes, she senses that something is not quite right with her new life. And no amount of steamy sexual encounters can hide her anxiety. 

Surrounded by so many interesting men and erotic enticements, Tuesday has no intention of committing to one man ever again. But the more she insists she's nobody's girl, the more she wants to be somebody's girl. 

Will she continue to be a restless spirit and run from love or will she be won over?


Excerpt from Restless Spirit by Sommer Marsden:


I pointed to pretty boy with my pen. ‘I’ll get your Dr Pepper … um … Mr …’‘Reed,’ he said. ‘My name is Reed Green.’

‘Like Mr Green Jeans!’ I said. Then I turned fast and prayed to drop dead. Because that always impresses a good looking man … a Captain Kangaroo reference.

I pulled his Dr Pepper and took his order, fish sandwich with lettuce, mayo and a toasted roll, an order of fries and lemon meringue pie for dessert. When I delivered the pie I blurted, ‘Undercover Father!’
He grinned at me and I felt that curl of heat in my gut again. Which made me think of Shepherd and what he’d done to me. And that made me think of meeting him in an hour and that made me antsy.
‘Good job.’ He tucked into the pie, rolled his eyes, took another bite.
‘And then–’
‘And then some other nothing-special, average TV shows and two movies and I got bored.’ He smiled as if to say end of story.
‘Oh, sure. I’m sorry. And now you …’
Why had I started that sentence?
‘Now, I write screenplays sometimes – if I feel like it – and have a berry picking farm.’
I laughed. ‘A what?’
‘A berry picking farm.’ He gave me a teasing smile.
‘Ah, see, I look at you and immediately think berry farmer.’
The traffic into Irv’s Eats was slowing down and Irv did not clear his throat at me. ‘As you should. Former TV star and now berry man.’
I smiled, realising when I glanced at the clock that in less than an hour I’d be at Shepherds. I had a vision of him on his knees, my fidgety fingers clutching my thighs as I came, water dripping from my hair, rain on the windows. I sighed without thinking about it.
‘You OK?’
‘I am. Sorry. My brain is racing, I just moved here, new job … just new everything.’
‘Ah, let me take you for a drink tonight and calm you down.’ His features were fine and almost delicate. High cheekbones, flawless skin, and Lord, those October sky blue eyes. I almost said yes and then, ‘I can’t. I have plans.’
‘Of course.’ There was that boyish smile, smooth silken voice that wasn’t too deep and manly or too soft and feminine. It was a liquid silver voice that flowed and calmed and made you think happy thoughts. ‘What was I thinking? A gorgeous young thing like you moves to town and I think I’d get first opportunity to woo you? Crazy old man.’
‘Old? Like what? Thirty?’
‘Thirty-three. See? What do you know?’
‘That you’re a whole four years older than me. Are you calling me old, Mr Green?’
‘Would it earn me a drink?’
‘No.’
‘A smack?’
‘Maybe.’ I took the tab and the money he offered.
‘How about you just let me take you for a drink on a night you don’t have plans and I can tell you how you don’t look a day over twenty-two.’
‘Deal,’ I said. ‘I’ll go get your change.’

Buy Links:


(print)http://www.amazon.co.uk/Restless-Spirit-Sommer-Marsden/dp/1908262273/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1

UK Kindle:
US Kindle:

US print coming August 1, 2012

Wednedsday child may be full of Woe, but Tuesday's child apparently is the luckiest girl in the world once she escapes that piece of crap abusive man she was with prior to moving into her inherited family A frame at Allister Lake. For a woman who is "done" with men, she certainly has her pick of the litter when it comes to partners in erotic crime!  Between old Flame Adrian, nestled in her grandma's barn, sexy ex-cage fighter/handyman Shepherd and even sexier ex tv star Reed she has her days and nights full of sensual exploits.

Marsden wickedly crafts extremely sexy, graphic scenes that still manage to move the storyline along.  Perhaps the trick lies in creating fully developed characters, ones that are multi-dimensional, flawed and still wholly appealing.  Watching Tuesday run from her past and fall into a sort of rabbit hole of a present makes her trek to find her way to a new life so much more fulfilling than just a "steamy read".  Tuesday fights the desire to have those connections she craves and despises - ranting her fears and frustrations to the comforting presence of her recently passed grandmother's home - as if it's spirit can help heal her own broken one.  What seems like it should be a straight up sultry erotic romance actually proves to be so much more and this reader was impressed with the range of emotions evoked in the course of Tuesday's journey to find love....and herself.

RATING: Four delish chocolate-Dipped Strawberries.

This book was given to us by the author for an unbiased review. Many thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Not usually a fan of a main character with multiple partners outside a single relationship but guess I should've seen that coming by the title. I did like it though - very much done in this author's typical style. :) rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the back up! I enjoyed it too - I had forgotten I had read some of her earlier works and was reminded as I posted. I did like that hot mess Tuesday and had just a few jealous moments.....I never get helped out in the rain like she does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be interesting to see actually where this story goes...
    Multiple partners??? I already see trouble.
    ~BJ
    beejee77 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I bet she's a busy girl! Love it:)

    andieleah78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book!! Thanks for this. :)

    bellzette_3@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that there's a picture of 'Alcide' up there. Yum. My fave.

    Thanks to everyone for commenting. I draw in a few days for the winners. And thanks to the Guilty Indulgence crew for having me :)

    XOXO
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »