Friday, May 25, 2012

Marked by Elizabeth Naughton


It's been another long week. Full of unpleasant things. Glad that after this weekend soccer season is finished and JJ gets a well deserved break. School is almost out for the summer which gives us all a well deserved break. Last Sunday marked my last day at my part time job. I now have my weekends free. You have no idea how excited I am about that. In the midst of all the chaos this is where I hid to recover.......

Marked by Elizabeth Naughton

Dark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He’s the leader of the Argonauts, an elite group of guardians that defends the immortal realm from threats of the Underworld.
From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn’t exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark and dangerous. He was looking for something. Her.
She was the one. She had the mark. Casey had to die so his kind could live, and it was Theron’s duty to bring her in. But even as a 200-year-old descendent of Hercules, he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pull in her fathomless eyes, to tear himself away from the heat of her body.
As war with the Underworld nears, someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice.

This was a new to me author. I always get twitchy when I have a new author/series to read. I worry that I won't like the book and I will have wasted precious reading time on a book I didn't want to read. This time I was not disappointed. There is some world building but it's not extreme but it's detailed enough that I wasn't lost. The further the story went on the mythology pieces started dropping in and we all know what a mythology geek I am. Out of all the books I have read this has to be one the top tough decision stories I think I've read. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.

 I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a big chuck of stock in Barnes and Noble. THEY TORCHED A BOOK STORE! THAT'S A SIN WHERE I COME FROM!

PEACE

1 comment:

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »