Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturdays With Sid: BENEATH The PALISADE


... like Tuesdays with Morrie But With More Kink!

Beneath the Palisade:  Reliance
by Joel Skelton

Rising star attorney Harper Callahan hires Ian Burke to landscape his backyard, but it’s his heart that gets the real makeover. Cautious at first, Ian is soon won over by Harper’s good looks and charm, and before they know it they’re on the fast track to romance.
Then a brush with death makes Harper and Ian reassess their plans for the future… and offers them an opportunity for adventure. What starts out as a casual fantasy of owning and operating a B&B on Lake Superior soon explodes into reality as Harper and Ian realize that when they rely on each other, they can accomplish great things.

I’ve got a bone to pick with you, Joel Skelton!  I stayed up LATE, like past 3 am late, to finish this book.  On a school night!  Y’all know I turn into a pumpkin at 10 every night so staying up that late for a book was a major event.    

I got sucked into “Beneath the Palisade:  Reliance” on the first page.  Mr. Skelton develops his characters so well that you have to take a minute and remember that these are characters on a page and not your real friends.  I felt an immediate kinship with both Ian and Harper.  The speed of their relationship is a little scary, but who am I to judge.  Lord knows I’ve jumped off into something that quickly before with decidedly different results, but I also know others who have had the same results as Ian and Harper.  Mr. Skelton does a phenomenal job of making everything so real, I just could not put it down.  

I’m also pretty enamored with the surrounding cast of characters.  I really want “Straight Cat” of my own and I want a cute little waiter to mentor.  But, really, can I marry an undercover millionaire too?  Where can I get one of those Joel Skelton? 

K’so, seriously folks.  Get off your couch, find your laptop, and buy Joel Skelton’s book.  It is truly a great read!
5 Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate for “Under the Palisade:  Reliance”  

And…Just so you know Joel, if there isn’t sequel in the very near future, I’m hunting you down! 
Bye Ya'll,
Sid

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sid,

    I'm thrilled you enjoyed Reliance. Thanks for all the kind and generous comments. What a great treat it was to come across your review this weekend. Because I fear for my life (I'm a wimp)I'm happy to report that a sequel is in the works. I'm hoping to have it ready for submission very soon. Again, your encouraging reaction is the fuel I need to get my butt in gear and finish this next installement sooner than later. Warmest regards, Joel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »