Friday, January 25, 2013

Facing Area 51 Friday

Run for the grocery store! They're calling for flakes!!! Seriously, I have been laughing my butt off the last two days at the panic that snow creates. A dusting reeks havoc...Walmart and the grocery stores are stampeded, everything shuts down and people immediately start driving stupid. Recently, they have started closing the schools and cancelling events before it even starts snowing. Last week they cancelled my daughters basketball game because it was calling for snow. They cancelled her game and not a flake fell lol. I say wait till you actually see the snow but that's just me. Snow usually messes my plans up when it does decide to . So, I've given up and held off rushing to the grocery store ect... If Prince Charming would show up and sweep me off my feet to a summer house I wouldn't have this problem!!! 

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones
Sometimes being the grim reaper really is that. Grim. And since Charley’s last case went so awry, she has taken a couple months off to wallow in the wonders of self-pity. But when a woman shows up on her doorstep convinced someone is trying to kill her, Charley has to force herself to rise above. Or at least get dressed. She quickly realizes something is amiss when everyone the woman knows swears she’s insane. The more they refute the woman’s story, the more Charley believes it.

In the meantime, the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, has been cleared of all charges. He is out of prison and out of Charley’s life, as per her wishes and several perfectly timed death threats. But his absence has put a serious crimp in her sex life. While there are other things to consider, like the fact that the city of Albuquerque has been taken hostage by an arsonist, Charley is having a difficult time staying away. Especially when it looks like Reyes may be involved. Just when life was returning to normal, Charley is thrust back into the world of crime, punishment, and the devil in blue jeans.


I'm certain that Darynda Jones fashioned Charley after me. She has a shoe/boot fetish and names her possessions (my ipod's name is Sally). The fact that her sofa's name may or may not me Malibu Barbie sealed the deal for me. I'm a Barbie collector from way back in the day. Love me some Barbie. I think this book is my favorite so far. So much stuff happens. Charley is fighting her own battles and fears after her torture a the hands of Earl Walker. She turns to the Shopping Channel instead of therapy. I can't fault the girl for that. Charley's dad shoots at her not once but twice. She gets caught up in a bank robbery and continues to run her PI business and helps her client Harper find peace after being tortured since she was 5 years old. Reyes continues to keep Charley safe without any cooperation from her what so ever.

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a Keurig. You and Cookie deserve one. Can't believe you didn't order a couple from the Shopping Channel.

Charley named one of her kidneys Percival. Can anyone tell me why this is beyond AWESOME? Darynda, did you get this name from where I think you did or is it just a coincidence?

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »