Greetings and Salutations to our Guilty Indulgence nation! Three years we've been together! Three years of fabulous books, amazing authors, delish eye candy and book club shenanigans. We appreciate your continued support and are delighted to make new friends with authors and readers alike every day. Although Kim is deeply mourning the end of summer this weekend, she, along with several of our Guilty Indulgence clubbers are back at Lora Leigh's Readers Appreciation Weekend where it all started: the idea of starting a book club, the idea of a review blog, the idea that seven very different people could read the same story and get seven very different takes on it....oh and that we could share our very favorite guilty indulgences as often as possible!
Speaking of our very favorite Guilty Indulgences.....This years theme is Our Favorite Guilty Indulgences. Stay tuned each day for more new ideas, authors, and insights from each of your favorite Indulgent Bloggers. Take the time to join our Hop to win fabulous prizes and by all means, please comment daily - the more you play, the better your chances of winning. And who doesn't like winning??? Duh!
CLICK ON THE BLOG HOP LINK TO BE ENTERED IN RAFFLECOPTER FOR GREAT PRIZES.
Click on all the other Hop links and follow their instructions for even more fabulous prizes.
Guilty Indulgences, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) I love my audio books. Seriously love them. They are with me everywhere I go and I love that I can get immersed in the world of a good story even when I am driving, vacuuming or mowing the lawn. Hearing a well crafted story with a talented voice artist takes reading to a whole other level. There are readers that I absolutely adore and because of them, have found new authors to listen to (now that's a switch, right? ) Loralei King reads the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series as well as the Darynda Jones Charley Davidson books. Love each of those authors but super love listening to them on audiobook. Jim Dale who reads the Harry Potter series could read the phone book to me and I'd be in Heaven! Lauren Fortgang reads the awesome Jennifer Estep Elemental Assassin series and Tara Sands does her YA Mythos Academy books. I could be a long haul trucker just to stay in the car to listen!
2) While millions love the big house publishing authors and their stories, and I am no exception, I love love love some of the small house/indie/self pub authors I've chanced upon in the past year. Resplendence Publishing has some extremely talented authors who write in lots of various romance sub-genres: Cheryl Dragon, Emma Hillman, Brynn Paulin, Sean Michael and Patricia Pellicane. And Entangled can boast the likes of Gina Gordon, Caridad Pinero and Elle James. Take the time to check out the webpages of these publishers and more (Evernight, Torquere, Riptide, Liquid Silver, and Secret Cravings) - you won't be sorry and you get a lot of book for your bucks. Most can be found on Amazon or All Romance eBooks.
3) Young Adult. It's true, I am one of the completely bizarre folks who loves YA innocence as much as hard core spanky erotic BDSM. And have given myself whiplash going from one genre straight into another - I don't necessarily recommend flipping directly from the sweet "Love Me" to the intense "Do Me" but it works for me. I am consumed with Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series, Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires and Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series. They are all on the "drop-everything-the-latest-installment-is-out-today" list. And let me tell you Darynda Jones' Death and the Girl Next Door series is hard on their heels. I love the Scooby gang feel many of the more successful series have - it may take a village to raise a child but it takes a gang of adolescents to get through paranormal crises and save the world.!
4) Wine. Red Wine. White Wine. Malbec. Merlot. Cab-Sav. You name it - if the girls are together - let the good wines roll.
5) Chocolate. 'Nuff Said.
6) Dishy eye candy. Single girl/guy, Married girl/guy, Gay or Straight. Anyone with a pulse- who doesn't appreciate the finely chiseled physique in all its yummy glory. Mmmmmmmmm
7) Shoes. Even when you can't get into your jeans, pretty shoes fit.
8) Purses. Same reason - I have a closet full of them and I don't have the heart to let them go. They are all precious leather babies and have my eternal love.
What are your Guiltiest Indulgences? Comment and share - we'd love to hear from you!