Friday, July 20, 2012

Flinging Rats Friday

It's Friday and it's getting closer to vacation for me by the day! It's been a quiet week and I have no complaints. Next week will be crazy and I have my kids birthdays to plan and get ready to head to my happy place. THE BEACH! I'll be packing a book to take along. Hmmmm.... what to take???? If you're wondering the same thing check this one out. As always Angie rocks it!


Gentleman Prefer Voodoo by Angie Fox
Voodoo priestess Amie Baptiste usually leaves the spells for the customers until one night, in her loneliness, she gives in to temptation. Amie weaves a spell to call "the perfect man for her." ....But she should have been more specific since her ideal man apparently died in 1811.
Dante Montengro has been haunting St. Louis Cemetery Number One, waiting for his true love to call him back to life and end his wandering ways. Emerging from the cemetery: Hot, human and very much alive Dante's first stop is Amie's voodoo shop.
When the drop-dead sexy zombie appears at Amie's door she has only one thing in mind and that's to put him back into the ground. That is, unless he can convince her to try a few other things...

What a fantastic quickie as you know I like to call them. Angie Fox writes the best stuff. I loved the Accidental Demon Slayer series (you know how I feel about Dimitri). I knew I was going to love this story the moment I started reading it. When a story starts out in a voodoo store with pink walls you know it's going to be good. I was also quite fond of her little Kongamato friend Isoke (the title of this blog is dedicated to him).  I was amazed that Amie held out so long to conjure a love spell for herself. Clearly she had watched her mom fail at love her whole life. I would have thought she would have wanted to get it right earlier in her life but that just goes to show good things come to those that wait or to those that have friends that throw rats at you lol (don't even think about it! You know who you are!).

I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and some DECON.
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »