Friday, January 11, 2013

Final Fowl Friday

Holy cow it's been a busy week. Being off all that time during the holidays is awesome but coming back to the grind is a killer. Two away basketball games plus scouts in one week along with my usual mom and family duties has been a challenge but I survived and I feel like a champ. Recent events have reminded me how important it is to make time for your family and friends. With work and other activities time slips away. I feel so blessed to live close to all my family. I can hop in the car and go grab dinner or whatever anytime I want with my mom, dad, uncle, aunt, cousin or brother. I can play anytime I want with my nieces and nephew. I can't imagine not being able to do that. Growing up we ate dinner every Sunday together but now that's been cut back to once a month but you don't dare miss it! I try to have my girlies over for dinner once a month as well because those are the people you just can't live without....

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer

Seemingly nothing in this world daunts the young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. In the fairy world, however, there is a small thing that has gotten under his skin on more than one occasion: Opal Koboi. In The Last Guardian, the evil pixie is wreaking havoc yet again. This time his arch rival has reanimated dead fairy warriors who were buried in the grounds of Fowl Manor. Their spirits have possessed Artemis’s little brothers, making his siblings even more annoying than usual. The warriors don’t seem to realize that the battle they were fighting when they died is long over. Artemis has until sunrise to get the spirits to vacate his brothers and go back into the earth where they belong. Can he count on a certain LEPrecon fairy to join him in what could well be his last stand?

I waited and waited for this last book in this series. I was on the wait list at every library in 2 counties. Although the Artemis Fowl series is not the typical review for out blog. I always take the time to blog about books I've read along with my daughter. I feel this is never time wasted and deserves a spot on my blog day. This series for me has been touch and go. I liked some of the books and others not so much. To be honest this last one was not my favorite. I was not happy with the ending at all. I'm not sure what ending I had in mind I just know it wasn't this one. I did however enjoy meeting Artemis's 4 year old twin brothers Myles and Beckett. In this Fowl showdown Artemis and his friends have to stop Opal Koboi from wiping the planet of all humans leaving the People to return and she to be their queen. In the end will Artemis make the ultimate sacrifice?

You can't rate this on the strawberry scale but I liked it and I give Foaly a unicorn translation book.
PEACE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »