Saturday, June 2, 2012

Going Incognito



When Ren sees the new transfer student—Shin, black hair, storm-cloud-gray eyes, and more beautiful than any guy had a right to be—he makes it his mission to get to know him. Too bad Shin is about as sociable as fungus, and about as likable, too. But Ren isn’t good at giving up, so he takes on the challenge of cracking Shin’s titanium shell. What he finds underneath, though, is way more than he’s prepared to handle.
People are disappearing in Akita, and Shin might be behind it. As Ren’s feelings grow for the reserved man, so do the number of missing person reports, and Ren doesn’t know if their budding relationship is enough to withstand both the well of secrets and the organization Shin works for.

Review for our Eager Readers
Sometimes as readers we can get ourselves stuck in a rut. We read all there is from the same author (not that we don’t love them) but we don’t reach out to something totally different. I am just as bad so I made it a challenge to myself to read a new author or a different type of romance and just open up the possibility that I will find someone or something to expand my “got to read” list.  We should all do that from time to time and I think that our website gives you a chance to search for something or someone new for you.

With that being said, I want to thank Miho Li for this short story.  She did a great job building the Incognito right up to the end. The blurb tells the story and yes this is a M/M romance.  (If you never tried one then you would give it a chance – they are totally hot.) You immediately fall in the love with the young college student, Ren. His friends think he is wasting his time but Ren is just stubborn enough to force Shin to notice him.  Shin acts mature beyond his years but as you soon find out he isn’t your normal college student.  I am sure that most readers would cheer Ren on, my heart was for Shin.  He is young but you will have to read the story to find out about his training. What he isn’t trained for though is how to handle Ren’s advances and that is where the humor in the story comes in. Shin is so determined to push Ren away but Ren has no intention of letting that happen and like any teenager LOVES to just annoy the shit out of Shin.

The story reminds me of Campus Cravings by Carol Lynne (which by the way I have read every one). I think that Miho Li could easily make this into a wonderful series that I would definitely follow as well.  You fall in love with both Ren and Shin and want to read more about them in the future. Hint – Hint with the suggestion! The only problem that I had in reading the story was the initial setting and names of the characters. Not being familiar with the country or location of the different campuses it was hard to follow the importance of each and like most of us if I can’t pronounce something I just make something up in my head.  Sorry! So it did take me a little while to get all the extra characters straight in my head.  Even with that being said, I loved the story and I think that Miho Li has a hit on her hands.

RATING
3 ½ chocolate dipped strawberries. I recommend this to our readers. Thanks to the author for providing this book to us and I do hope to read more from Miho Li in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »