Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tyra's First Blog

Hi my name is Tyra and this is my first ever blog post so please bear with me. I am not sure how I got to be the first one to post for our little blog/book review group but I guess someone had to be, so here goes. First let me tell you that I am married with two kids and I work full time so I am glad I only have to do this once a week.

I think I have been reading since before I could talk, and for those of you who don't know me that is quite an accomplishment because I love to talk. I started out reading Trixie Belden mysteries and then went to science fiction/fantasy. If it had a dragon or wizard in it, I wanted to read it. I was a D & D geek that never played the game but loved the books. I loved to find a new author that wrote books in series, if I found and author I liked (Jennifer Roberson) I would read everything written by them. I went from sf/fantasy to Anne Rice (with a little Danielle Steele thrown in during high school) where I fell in love with vampires. It was several years later that someone said. "Hey if you like Anne Rice you might like Laurell K Hamilton.", and I said, "OK". That was about 6 years ago and I have been on a reading frenzy since then and have found many, many more authors that I have come to love and slightly stalk. I think I hit the Paranormal/Romance genre at just the right time, there seems to be an influx of authors writing about "things that go bump in the night and fall in love" and I can not get enough of them. I love the whole soul mate idea(and really what girl doesn't) that one person that completes you. I also really love to read about a kick-ass heroine and if you can make me laugh on top of all of that then you have hit the trifecta in my opinion(Shelly Laurenston).

I won't take up your time today listing all of the authors that I read, you will find that out when you come back to read my blog each week, but I do want to tell you about a site that I use all of the time.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

I have found several new to me authors using this site and it's a great tool for confirming the correct reading order for books(and do not let me catch you reading out of order).

I am excited and nervous about this blog/book review but I am not shy about giving my opinion about books, so lets see what happens. The first book that we will be reviewing is Maya Banks, The Darkest Hour, it's the first in her new KGI series and I will have my thoughts for you on it next week.

1 comment:

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »