Sunday, October 31, 2010

One Playing With Three Equals Four Play

I am a big fan of Maya Banks and after reviewing her newest KGI book last month, I was anxiously awaiting the release of her anthology with Shayla Black. But after reading it, what I really want to know is when will they team up again? The combination of their erotic romance stories was electric.
I will admit to blushing at some parts so strongly recommend that only more adventurous readers who enjoy spicy over sweet indulge in this anthology. Others may want to try another book by either author instead (since I love their books, I’d say you couldn’t go wrong in choosing). Both stories involve one woman with three male partners – not for the faint of heart – and hence, the title Four Play.
In the first story by Maya Banks, Pillow Talk, Zoe is in a committed relationship with her sexy fireman Chase. During a little pillow talk, Chase and Zoe share their fantasies; then set out to live their fantasies. This is where their roommates, equally sexy firemen Brody and Tate, become involved because their fantasies involve voyeurism, multiple partners and other more risqué scenarios. But it gets complicated when the other men fall in love with Zoe and a new relationship needs to be defined.
In the second story by Shayla Black, Her Fantasy Men, Kelsey is secretly in love with her three closest male friends – her childhood friend, her dominating boss and her sexy neighbor. Little does Kelsey know that they each want her too. But since her fantasy includes them all, she knows a relationship with any of them will change her relationship with them all and still not fully satisfy her needs. That’s when they set out to seduce her and each succeeds on their own, leaving Kelsey feeling guilty because she cannot choose one over the others. Torn, Kelsey runs away rather than forcing herself to choose one of them. But her fantasy men work out a plan to share her heart… and her body.
Both stories were a delicious indulgence into erotic romance. They were also quick reads that were light-hearted, fun to read, engaging. While there were parts of both stories that were a bit disjointed, and even a little unbelievable, I enjoyed the overall stories enough to ignore the small stuff. WARNING: The sex and sexy dialogue was very graphic. But if you like erotic romance I’d consider this on the top list of reads.
In the erotic romance category, I would give this anthology 4 chocolate dipped strawberries.

4 comments:

  1. I've read the book too, but I liked Maya Banks story more - it was hotter and more believable to me... but I can't wait to read more from both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have read Maya Banks and her writing style is so good and hot! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ina - I really did enjoy the Maya Banks story more. I think part of it had to do with the fact that she was building on her Seducing Simon story family so she really didnt need to give much exposition to ramp up readers to the characters - you felt and automatic connection to the men of the firehouse and their families. Both stories were super hot and quite enjoyable overall which is rare in an anthology! Way to go Maya and Shayla - you are always on my must read list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did like Maya's story more. I had to be willing to accept a lot of unlikely behaviors in Shayla's story. But I wouldn't complain about either of them... hot, hot, hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »