Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Thankful


Hello everyone, for those of you in the US this is the week of Thanksgiving. We do a lot of eating, drinking, watching football and oh yeah just a bit of shopping as well. This is also a time when people stop to think about the things that they are thankful for in their lives. Now for me it goes without saying that at the top of my list is my husband and kids, because they make my life better just by being in it. I am also thankful for the friends that I have in my life, I am very blessed that I am still friends with people that I met in grade school, and I have made friends with some truly fabulous people later in life who I would be completely lost without. But what we want to talk about here are the guilty indulgences that I am thankful for, and those are going to be books and wine.

When it comes to wine I am almost exclusively a red wine girl. Give me a good cab/sav or merlot or my new fav a malbec and I am a happy girl. I love to go to wineries and do tastings and living in the Shenendoah Valley in Virginia I am very lucky in that you can't throw a stick without hitting a university or a winery. I know some of you are saying, "Virginia....a winery hot spot??", well Yes we are!

My other guilty indulgence is books!! I am one of those people that cannot stand to part with a book that I have read and enjoyed. There are certain books for me that I can pick up and turn right to those scenes that touched me the most. I will go back and re-read a book and I feel like I am visiting an old friend. When I find an author that I like I will read everything that they have written. A great night out for me includes getting my toes done and then appetizers and wine and then to the book store where I can spend the rest of the night walking up and down the aisles looking at all of the covers and talking about my favorite scenes in books. I love giving a new book to a friend and having them fall in love with the characters as much as I do. It never fails that when I get together with my friends that we start talking about our favorite books, which leads to the questions of favorite series, couple, character, and setting. Let me tell you that some of those discussions can get UGLY. LOL We all have our favorites and defend our choices to the end.

So tell us followers....what are you thankful for??

2 comments:

  1. I for one, am most thankful for you! If you hadn't been sitting there in that odiferous karate studio with your nose in a book, I might never have met such a fabulous kindred spirit - I raise a glass of malbec to you and wish you many years of happiness (and books) to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for friends who love the same kinds of books as me. It has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE in my life - you will never know the magnitude of the impact you made by just sharing that first book with me. You are a book goddess (see, isn't that better than book pimp??). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »