Friday, November 19, 2010

Felix Felicis Friday

What an appropriate day for me to blog about the Harry Potter series. Today the first installment of Deathly Hallows comes out and I will be there (I’ll leave my robe at home)! I have so much I wanna say but I have to attempt to just hit the high points. I wish I could tell you why I love this series so much but I can’t. I have no idea what grabbed me about this series but it did. I’ve read all the books too many times to count and I find something new every time. I take pride in my daughter who just finished book 7. Only one in her grade to have read all 7. Go JJ! I will now attempt to give you the run down on the Harry Potter series. If you’ve never read them do yourself a favor and READ THEM! JK Rowling is amazing! These books will be classics one day. Don’t be the only one on the planet who hasn’t read them. FYI, watching the movies doesn’t count. You’ll miss lots of stuff!

Harry Potter Books 1-7 by JK Rowling (most brilliant woman ever)

Harry’s parents are killed by the most evil wizard ever Lord Voldemort. When he tries to kill Harry as an infant it back fires on him and reduces him to a mere shell of his self. Leaving Harry with the ever so famous lightning bolt scar. Upon the death of his parents he’s sent to live with his mother’s sister Petunia Dursley and her family. They are muggles (non magical folks). They treat him badly and hide the fact that he is a wizard till his 11th birthday when Hagrid comes to take him to Hogwarts (school for witches and wizards). At Hogwarts Harry makes several friends that will stick with him till the end. Friends like Ron Weasley (and his entire family all 9 of them), Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood and many more. Last but not least there has to be “bad guys”. Meet Draco Malfoy and his cronies followed by the Death Eaters (folks still loyal to Lord Voldemort). Naturally, trouble follows Harry because Lord Voldemort is trying to get back to his former self and he needs Harry.

Book 1 The Sorcerer’s Stone~ Harry is trying to unravel the secrets of the Sorcerer’s Stone and keep it from Voldemort.

Book 2 The Chamber of Secrets~ Harry must solve the mystery of the Chamber of Secrets.

Book 3 Prisoner of Azkaban~Harry discovers the real story of how his parents died and must clear the name of his god father. None other than the man himself Mr. Sirius Black!

Book 4 The Goblet of Fire~ Someone puts Harry’s name in The Goblet of Fire and he is chosen to complete dangerous tasks to become the Tri-wizard champion. Harry tries to tell the wizarding world that Voldemort is back but they think him insane.

Book 5 Order of the Phoenix~ Harry learns the in and outs of the secret group the Order of the Phoenix. A fateful battle at the Ministry of Magic proves that Voldemort has indeed returned. You will need tissues for this book! Yet it is still my favorite of all the books.

Book 6 Half Blood Prince~ The wizarding world is living in fear at the knowledge of Voldemort having returned. Harry’s head master and friend Albus Dumbledore has discovered that Harry is the only one who can rid the world of Voldemort and in Voldemort’s quest to become immortal he has split his soul into seven pieces (horcruxes) and hid them. Each must be found and destroyed if he is to be defeated. So the search begins. You will need tissues for this book also!

Book 7 Deathly Hallows~ Harry and his friends are on the search for the horcruxes and to rid the world of Voldemort. You will need a BOX of tissues!

Well folks that’s about as streamlined as I can get it and now I gotta get myself ready to go to the movie. For those of you that don’t know Felix Felicis is the name for the lucky potion. I now leave you with my favorite quote, compliments of Fred and George Weasley. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.... Mischief managed."

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about this series is its appeal to boys and girls. It inspired my oldest two sons to read because they had to know what happened - and there was no seeing the movie until they'd read the book! It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »