Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Of all the things I am thankful for.....


As I drove home from work this evening, I watched the moon rise. A huge glowing orb, rising above the treeline edging the mountain range near my home, I was nearly brought to tears. How can a ball take my breath away? Sometimes, surrounded by all the natural beauty of the Valley every day, I forget that nature has the uncanny ability to surprise me. And for this I am truly thankful...


I seem to also be succumbing to the spirit of the holidays here - taking the opportunity to take stock and review. This year, I vow to appreciate everything I do have and not sweat the stuff I dont.


I am thankful for my family - that my parents are both healthy and thriving in their new lives, that my siblings are all well and making moves and changes that excite them and keep them looking forward to many more tomorrows, that my children are learning and growing and occasionally like to hang out with me still...


I am thankful that this year, for all our health woes (despite pesky gallbladders, livers, uteruses, infections and fractures - I dub this the year of meeting deductibles) we are all well and able to spend Thanksgiving with our friends and families...even if some of us are lucky enough to make it to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live and some of us are home vacuuming dog hair up before company comes!

I am thankful for the beautiful women I call my friends for they alone know what makes me tick, how to make me laugh until tears stream down my face (or beer out my nose), and what new books must immediately rise to the top of my TBR pile...

I am thankful that sanity is being restored to those who have been out of work, new jobs mean friends moving but I have faith in our ability to remain friends over the miles as well as years. Can anyone say roadtrip???

I am thankful that Chile's wine crops weren't decimated by the earthquakes of early 2010 because I really love Chilean reds and I am even more thankful that we discovered Argentinian Malbecs and that my dad was kind enough to take the hint that I desperately wanted some as a souvenier of his trip to Buenos Aires! (Six lovely bottles...mmmmmmmm)

I am thankful that my favorite authors keep supplying me with juicy reads to stimulate my mind...(that means Cat, Charli, Lynsay, Jules, Maya, Shayla, Gena, Larissa, Katie, Kresley and Michelle!) and I am thankful that I have found the inspiration to start writing my own juicy reads (I'll be even more thankful when I get some time to sit down and do it!)...


I am definitely thankful for all of you who drop by to catch up with us or check out our reviews and keep us inspired to keep you in tune with our favorite guilty indulgences....

Oh, yeah - I am also super thankful for my favorite snack of all time, that truly calorie free guilty indulgence....Eye Candy! (did I also mention I am thankful that he was tapped to play the Green Lantern??????) Mmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »