Thursday, December 23, 2010

HAPPY HUNKY DAYS: Day 11....I Thought It Was You!



ON THE ELEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS...MY BOOK CLUB GAVE TO ME...SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR AND SOME MIGHTY FINE EYE CANDEEEEE! (practical gifts never looked so good - I am pretty sure he has a shaved head too, Kim....)



O Holy Night

Ahhhh….. nighttime, my favorite time of the day. It means time to spend with my kids, or if it’s the weekend time, with my family. Also one of my busiest times too. Clean up the house and kids, pack book bags/lunches, homework, volunteer duties, errands and last but not least soccer practice. I have a stupid busy life and I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way. Night is also my time to read. It’s just a matter of time before I drop one of Tyra or Jenn’s books in the tub! Reason number one I’ll never borrow their e-readers. Although I think my time may be coming! This week I got moved to Thursday instead of my usual Friday. But hey, I’ll make the sacrifice in the name of the 12 Hunks of Christmas. ‘Cause that’s the way I roll! Besides did you all see the picture that was with my blog last Friday? I love Christmas lights even more now! This week I read a very very short story. Another “quickie” if you will, called I Thought It Was You by Shiloh Walker. It’s a short story, in between books, that brings some closure to a few loose ends.

I thought It Was You by Shiloh Walker

Ren and Elle spent centuries together but it just wasn’t meant to be. Elle has moved on and is about to marry her happily ever after Michael. Ren has moved on as well…. sort of. You see all three are part of a group called the Grimm. They now are hunters trying to protect the humans. Ren has been sent to Elle but for what reason he or she doesn’t know. Their caretaker so to speak Will does some strange things and questioning him will get you nowhere fast. As it turns out Ren and Elle have been bought back together one last time for closure to their past, in other words - one last roll between the sheets. This time there’s a third: Elle’s husband-to-be, who is more than willing to give Elle this one last time with Ren to give her closure. He makes it very clear to Ren this is a one time deal only. When all is said and done Ren has found the strength to move on and Elle can now start her life with Michael. Don’t worry the next full length book is Ren’s happily ever after.

I give this story 2 chocolate dipped strawberries. I did enjoy the story and it was very short and by that I mean like 30 pages short. I also have not read the full length stories that go with this short story so that probably has made a difference. But I am reading the other full length stories in this Grimm series and am starting to get into them. All the stories are twisted versions of the Brother’s Grimm fairytales. So should be fun to read.

So have yourself a merry little Christmas now and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »